Alsjazzeras 2016 TP 52 WEEK 52 CELEBRATE/CELEBRATION ADDED

Now I feel "old" I had one of those :(

Nice low key Image Al suits the subject well (y)

Now I feel "old" I had one of those :(

Nice low key Image Al suits the subject well (y)

Now thats interesting to know I might pick your brains if I run in to any difficulty, I have a film in it but have not used it yet

if you can remember that far back of course :ROFLMAO:

if you can remember that far back of course :ROFLMAO:
Er, no I can't :D
TBH I was my Dad's and I used to play with it, not even sure I I could load the film TBH :D

well you are a great help:whistle:
PMSL :D
Can I introduce you to the crusty and dusty's for detailed assistance?
I understand they don't bite and the membership fee's to the private club are very reasonable, ( Just remember to tips Roberts, when he takes your coat though :D )

Low key works really well and accentuates the silver on the camera beautifully. Seems to have a slight tilt to the left which catches the eye a little? All round a masterclass in low key photography :)

Looks a tad dark on my monitor but that's probably me, nicely done though

I really like this image. i think the blackness to it works really well. As above I would maybe have moved the camera slightly to the right a little. it is well lit.

Morning, lovely camera, lovely detail, I may have tried to pull the shadows slightly on the left hand side and moved across a tad. That said nice pool of light on the floor.

Wellcome back.

cheers

Low key works really well and accentuates the silver on the camera beautifully. Seems to have a slight tilt to the left which catches the eye a little? All round a masterclass in low key photography :)

Thanks

Looks a tad dark on my monitor but that's probably me, nicely done though

Thanks

Hi
Great lighting!

Thank you

Hi Allan ...lots of cameras coming out this week, this one looks good especially on Flickr, lots of detail. Maybe a tad more space on the left, spot on for the theme.

Thanks Susie not sure about the space, I think its fine but it seems I am the only one

Love the subject matter and the composition

The tones look great to me too - great capture

Thank you

Good shot to start a new project Allan. On theme, nice subject and well lit. Personally I feel the subject is a tack too far left.

Thanks

I really like this image. i think the blackness to it works really well. As above I would maybe have moved the camera slightly to the right a little. it is well lit.

Thanks

Morning, lovely camera, lovely detail, I may have tried to pull the shadows slightly on the left hand side and moved across a tad. That said nice pool of light on the floor.

Wellcome back.

cheers

Thanks Andy, I am not convinced about the move to the right, personal taste I supppse.
I used 2 flashes one sitting to the left but on less power should maybe have increased the power a little

Thanks Andy, I am not convinced about the move to the right, personal taste I supppse.
I used 2 flashes one sitting to the left but on less power should maybe have increased the power a little

Thanks for the lighting set up.

The lenses are in the LH third, so compositionally 'correct', as you say, personal tastes (y)

Cheers.

Hey Allan - sorry for the late comment - didn't realise we'd re-started. Didn't mean to mimic your entry - I've posted an old Voigtlander also in low light and b&w too ha ha - great minds eh!. On reflection, wish I'd left some space off to one side for reasons of composition - works better I think. :clap:

Hey Allan - sorry for the late comment - didn't realise we'd re-started. Didn't mean to mimic your entry - I've posted an old Voigtlander also in low light and b&w too ha ha - great minds eh!. On reflection, wish I'd left some space off to one side for reasons of composition - works better I think. :clap:

Thanks Carl great minds indeed

Typesetting sorts I guess Allan? Getting old of those, these days, but me like trying to aquire rocking horse $£!&.
I guessed that was with a macro lens. Wonderfully clear and sharp, you've really captured the texture there.

Quick question, how do you know which way round the A/H/I/O go? I can see they are offset to one side or the other, presuably to ensure the correct kerning of the printed letters. Is there something on thesorts to indicate their orientation?

Typesetting sorts I guess Allan? Getting old of those, these days, but me like trying to aquire rocking horse $£!&.
I guessed that was with a macro lens. Wonderfully clear and sharp, you've really captured the texture there.

Quick question, how do you know which way round the A/H/I/O go? I can see they are offset to one side or the other, presuably to ensure the correct kerning of the printed letters. Is there something on thesorts to indicate their orientation?

Thanks Tim, they are metal punches and yes I used a macro lens, overall dimensions of all 16 put together is about 30mm on each side, they are about 40mm tall each one and are printed down one side which was a big clue

Great prop and a nice sharp image Allan. Agree with Walter slightly about the tight framing - how about making the word "IRON" or some such across the diagonal or whatever for added interest - just a thought. Love it. :clap:

WEEK 0 OLD

Camera by Allan Howe, on Flickr

Allan, I love this...I saw it when you first posted a couple of days ago and I initially thought it was a tad too dark, but I held of posting cos I couldn't make up my mind! Now that I've spent more time looking at it, and more importantly looked at it on my iMac rather than iPad, I appreciate it much more. I like the way it just 'hangs' there with no discernible background and the hint of silver shining through. Lovely shot yet again mate.

Nice take on this, only slight crit is they seem a bit tight in the frame,
Amazing what these threads throw up interesting stuff,:)

Thanks

Great prop and a nice sharp image Allan. Agree with Walter slightly about the tight framing - how about making the word "IRON" or some such across the diagonal or whatever for added interest - just a thought. Love it. :clap:

Thanks Carl, deliberately avoided any words I dont think it needs spelling out what it is

Allan, I love this...I saw it when you first posted a couple of days ago and I initially thought it was a tad too dark, but I held of posting cos I couldn't make up my mind! Now that I've spent more time looking at it, and more importantly looked at it on my iMac rather than iPad, I appreciate it much more. I like the way it just 'hangs' there with no discernible background and the hint of silver shining through. Lovely shot yet again mate.

Thank you

Hi Allan,
Old: Nice image - shape with plenty of detail and nice lighting. I think moving the camera a touch more into the frame might add to the shot.
Metal: Looks like punches. Very clean image and spot on theme. Like it (y)

Metal, very nice Allan (y)
There's plenty of detail in there, nice idea for a theme.
No shoehorn required :D

I'd maybe have had the margin round the edge a similar width as the gaps between the individual punches, but that's minor. I really like this.

Nic and hock. There is something wonderful about such objects, they have real character. Quite right in the frame and I'd ok to see a little more detail in the shadows on the letters.

Would also like to see all the letters, if you have them all, that is.

Cheers.

I like the tight, square framing and for me you have lit and captured the details well

Hi Allan,
Old: Nice image - shape with plenty of detail and nice lighting. I think moving the camera a touch more into the frame might add to the shot.
Metal: Looks like punches. Very clean image and spot on theme. Like it (y)

Correct punches thanks for looking

Hi Allan ...yep, spot on image for the theme, crop looks a tad tight, I like the composition and the fact they don't face the 'right' way, it adds that extra interest.

Thanks Susie

Metal, very nice Allan (y)
There's plenty of detail in there, nice idea for a theme.
No shoehorn required :D

Like I would use a shoehorn o_O

Back