Alter-Nation Hair Shoot

Name
Jenna
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys,

Did a shoot for a friend for her hair dressing business, some for art for the walls, some for advertising. Only a couple of the people that came for the shoot had ever modelled before, so I am very pleased with the images, as are the models and the hair dressers! Here are a few, the rest are on my website at http://www.ravenphotography.co.uk/Alter-Nation-Hair

Alter-Nation Hair
by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

Alter-Nation Hair

Alter-Nation Hair

Alter-Nation Hair

Alter-Nation Hair

very nice set Jenna-love the emotion is No3- do you have a colour version? would love to see that

Les ;)

very nice set Jenna-love the emotion is No3- do you have a colour version? would love to see that

Les ;)
I'm really drawn to no3, like les I would like to see a colour version if you have one
Really like the rest of the set, was it fun to shoot ??

Did you use just a single light? Some of the images really could benefit from a second hair light, this would give you some separation from the background and put some nice highlights on the hair (after all that should be the focal point of the images given the brief) .... #1 really suffers from the absence of one.

#3 is by far your best image here, maybe cropped a little too close for me, but it does give out plenty of emotion.

Did you use just a single light? Some of the images really could benefit from a second hair light, this would give you some separation from the background and put some nice highlights on the hair (after all that should be the focal point of the images given the brief) .... #1 really suffers from the absence of one.

^^This.

They look more like general portraits than commercial images showcasing the hair. *At least* one more light from above to get some light and definition in the hair and something from behind to give some separation from the background is required to lift the "product"...

Back