Aluminium prints or Acrylic prints

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
Hi All
Am I am looking at getting Aluminium prints or Acrylic prints of my artwork? What your thoughts on them and what Lab did you use in the UK, please? Do you feel there any better than C-Type or Giclee prints for artwork?
I look forward to hearing your thoughts
Regards
Brian

Hi Brian,

I have a few aluminium panels on my walls from Loxley and they are excellent. 6 years down the line there has been no visual change.
It is simply a very different way of presentation over traditional framed image or canvas. This will likely be dictated by the interior design.

Acrylic - highly overpriced, look cool but also "cheap" or plastic and worst of all very prone to scratching, and other damage. Just avoid them where possible.

C-types - overused, very poor gamut PE coated JUNK. Yes, junk.

Giclee - well thats french of inkjet. That's the term everyone should be using in English speaking world. This ranges from excellent all the way to terrible. Make your pick.

Hi LongLensPhotography
Thank you for your replay that a great help for me!:) One more question when you had your prints don by Loxley I see they do 2 types of prints which did you go for there the Alumini or the Didond please?

Thanks again
Best regards
Brian

I went for full proper print on aluminium. The dibond is basically c-type glued over to sheet of metal. I hardly see the point of that apart from it being borderless wall display product.

Back