Alvecote Dungeon, Colour and B&W.

Edit My Images
Yes
Evening :)

Not had much to do today so I decided to walk to Alvecote Priory, just outside of Tamworth, here's some basic info, nicked from Wiki -

"Alvecote Priory is a ruined Benedictine Priory in Alvecote, Warwickshire, England. Now very little remains of the priory, most of the walls have been eroded but a fairly high wall remains on one side. The main entrance arch is the most impressive feature, still standing at around 20 feet (6.1 m) high.

It was founded 1159 by William Burdett as a dependency of Great Malvern Priory. After returning from a crusade, Burdett accused his wife of being unfaithful and stabbed her, and as penance founded the monastery."

I didn't manage to get many decent photo's, bit to cold and cloudy, but I did manage to get a decent shot of the entrance to the Dungeon, C&C welcome...

Alvecote Dungeon by AdamPriseman, on Flickr

Alvecote Dungeon (B&W) by AdamPriseman, on Flickr

Adam.

Are you able to get in there? Maybe get a light source in the bunker?

B&W is the better pic. :)

Are you able to get in there? Maybe get a light source in the bunker?

B&W is the better pic. :)

Sadly not... Theres not much in there, it's just an empty 2m x 2m room really... Even if the key to the padlock was found I doubt it could be used, too rusty you understand...

Adam.

Great photos - However if you don't mind me saying, even though it looks like a Jail or Dungeon it actually is not, what you have here is what's called a Dovecote, built to keep Birds, Inside there are L shape ledges, this is where the birds would nest. Hope this info is accepted.

The Monochrome photo looks brilliant however I am a fan of monochrome and sometimes sepia also for the old photo look, which is great for a period photo of time.

Last edited:
Back