Amazon - are they S**t

The only down side is the fact that it's being collected by Hermes tomorrow :rolleyes:
This is where the hassle starts. My Amazon returns were easy to arrange, but getting Hermes to actually pick them up was another thing altogether.

Might be a PITA (but possibly less of one than waiting in for Hermes...) but is there a vaguely not-too-inconvenient drop-off point in MK?

Might be a PITA (but possibly less of one than waiting in for Hermes...) but is there a vaguely not-too-inconvenient drop-off point in MK?
Yes there are a couple, not too far, but I'm also expecting something from a different courier, sod law dictates that if I go drop it off today...
Well you know ..

Yup!

Hope what should comes and goes successfully!

Yup!

Hope what should comes and goes successfully!
Coming is royal mail, so hopefully (y)
Going? I have my doubts ...

Take a leaf out of her book - leave it on the doorstep and run away!!!

Take a leaf out of her book - leave it on the doorstep and run away!!!
The thought did cross my mind, especially as the forecast for is wet, wet wet...
:D

Shame she'll have to wait outside while you "try to find" the package... ;)

Well according to the tracking number she tried collect at around 8pm last night.
But no one was in,
I would have been in my little man cave around that time, and the window overlooks my drive,
and I can clearly hear the doorbell from there.
So no, there was no attempt to collect
Surprised? Moi? :rolleyes:

It seem she may "attempt" collection again, today ...

If she doesn't, drop it off and don't tell Hermes.

If she doesn't, drop it off and don't tell Hermes.
Well, she appeared and just stood on the door step, looking like a total idiot.
Yes?
Parcel
who are you?
I've come for a parcel ...
Yes? who are you?
I'm come for a parcel
Rinse and repeat .... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Sky
Rinse and repeat .... :rolleyes:
I know I shouldn't have wound her up, but it was just so easy.

I'm happy to report the item has made it back to Amazon, and a refund has been issued (y)
So hopefully I won't need to see her for quite awhile

Hell, even the people he gives money to hope that!!! :p:p:p

One company that I don't think has been mentioned is AO. I've ordered quite a few things from them over the last few years and their service has been faultless. Ordered a lawnmower on Tuesday afternoon, it arrived yesterday lunchtime. Unfortunately, one of the wheels was damaged. I phoned them and a replacement is due to arrive in the next hour or so.

I bought a tub of nail varnish remover fulfilled by (but not supplied by) Amazon the other day - when it arrived it had clearly been used and returned and was about 10 percent full - clicked the refund request - told not to return it - and instantly processed. There was enough in the pot to get the job I wanted doing done, so no complaints there. You do still have to be careful that what you're buying is either from A) Amazon direct B) Fulfilled by Amazon or C) a well known company listing on Amazon. There are a lot of fly by night sellers on there at the moment - and the uninitiated will end up buying something from the other side of the world that'll take a month to arrive.

Had a slightly weird one today, ordered loads of stuff from Amazon during the week, bits for the car, some expensive shoes for the mrs (keeps her mind off my Photography & Car spending!) and yesterday an emergency purchase of a 10 pack of washers for the car. Everything was arriving today, and one item was coming by DPD and apparently couldn't be left in a safeplace, so I made sure to be around - I assumed this would be the priciest item, i.e. Claire's shoes and since they were coming from Germany that would be the one that couldn't be left. Nope. they arrived royal mail - the ultra important must not be left in a safeplace was ... the 10 pack of M22 washers which cost less than a fiver. :rolleyes: I honestly don't know how they made any money on that sale!

Back