Amazon

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Full marks to Amazon. In February this year I bought a pair of High Tec sandals, the return expire date for returning them was March. I only tried the left one on when they came. So with the recent weather I thought I would break them in for my Holiday's. I found that the uppers on the right sandal was much to big and could not adjust it for comfort.
I thought nothing ventured nothing gained so I emailed Amazon about the problem, no messing, no arguments they just told me to have them ready for collection today and they will credit my money back to me.

Thats what I call a result.

I've always found Amazon exemporary in their service ... it's rare I shop anywhere else these days as it all just works effortlessly!

I've only had call to need their customer services twice over the years, and each time they got the issue sorted quickly and without quibble.

I've always found Amazon exemporary in their service ... it's rare I shop anywhere else these days as it all just works effortlessly!

That is also my experience

The CS is usually ok but I don't think it's as good as it used to be. If you're a Prime member their standard offering when they do mess something up is to extend your membership by a month, which is handy.

The CS is usually ok but I don't think it's as good as it used to be. If you're a Prime member their standard offering when they do mess something up is to extend your membership by a month, which is handy.
Correct, my first "years" membership lasted 16 months :)

Correct, my first "years" membership lasted 16 months :)

Same here, think its great when delivery is a day or two late, have noticed quite a few items as not next day delivery now or the cut off time is early pm for next day delivery. Suspect it is probably the suppliers who are funding the excellent Amazon CS though.

for a company that allegedly makes no profit yet its interesting that the owner is the 3rd richest guy on the planet.

I bought my canon 550D off of them, four months down the line it still didn't feel right - was struggling to focus (I though initially it was me and I'd get used to it)...I contacted them and they said they should refer it back to canon but hey just return to them, they'd send out a replacement and as they are such a big customer of canon's they'd return it to them with all their other returns. Brilliant service. The replacement was fine - felt just as it should do!

What really amazed me was the fact that the sandals were 4 months past the Amazon return date, but they did not quibble about me returning them.

Ordered 2 CDs yesterday, about 4.30pm.
Standard delivery, ETA Friday.
Just arrived. :)

We ordered a couple of items on Friday Aft & they were delivered lunch time on Monday. (we've even had deliveries on Sundays)
The only thing I don't like about their service is when ordering, estimated delivery date (up to 5 days or so) On Monday Morning @ 8am I clicked `Track` & it showed processing.
20 mins later I got an email saying out for despatch!
Really good/quick delivery, but can be inconvenient if you're not expecting it.

It's very easy to shop at Amazon. I have Prime for the TV. However 2 things are important:
1. Always keep another price comparison site handy. And check the prices. Amazon can be the cheapest and yet can also be quite expensive at times. They lull you into thinking you got a bargain if you don't check.
2. If you deal with any international issues, Amazon Customer Service quickly become clueless. I've seen this all too often and its hard to believe this is the same Amazon.

Having previously praised Amazon I now recall something they have that irks me - "Add on" items. What a pain they can be. You spot something you want, but cannot get it unless you can find a "qualifying" order in which it can be included. Sounds like a ruse to make you purchase more.

Having previously praised Amazon I now recall something they have that irks me - "Add on" items. What a pain they can be. You spot something you want, but cannot get it unless you can find a "qualifying" order in which it can be included. Sounds like a ruse to make you purchase more.

Never come across that.

I think it's still £10 for eligible books, including anything else in the order, but £20 for everything else. A few people claim to have used a workaround of pre-ordering a book to reach the free delivery threshold, then cancelling it when the rest of the stuff arrives. I haven't a clue if this is still possible but, if it is, Amazon must be prepared to tolerate it.

I think it's still £10 for eligible books, including anything else in the order, but £20 for everything else. A few people claim to have used a workaround of pre-ordering a book to reach the free delivery threshold, then cancelling it when the rest of the stuff arrives. I haven't a clue if this is still possible but, if it is, Amazon must be prepared to tolerate it.

Didn't know about that...

Perhaps they're working on people forgetting and then the book arrived ? Or they'll catch on and close this loop ???

Today they announced Prime Now in my city. Which is a 1 hour delivery! Which is freaky. I never thought I'd need something like that.

But it does have advantages. You'll be sure to be there when they deliver. In fact you could be anywhere. In a restaurant and forgot your coat when it starts raining. Taking flash pictures and the batteries are low, the Eneloop batteries are on their way to you. You might even need condoms in a hurry! In fact, I always forget to buy a birthday present until I'm about to leave for the party. It could save my bacon. Mmmm. Bacon.

See the Prime Now cities we deliver to today. Enter your zip code and we will deliver to your home, work, or hotel. Check back as we expand to more cities worldwide.
From early morning to late evening 7 days a week.
25,000+ items across 25 categories, including household items, groceries, electronics, gifts, seasonal items, and more. Plus, get restaurant and local store delivery in select cities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sid
Sorry, I forgot that decent bacon is hard to come by in Germany! A bit surprising really when you consider that they used to regard Denmark as a Northern province...

What really amazed me was the fact that the sandals were 4 months past the Amazon return date, but they did not quibble about me returning them.

It's very simple: arguing with you costs them money (they pay call centre minimum wage or higher); refunding you costs them no money (because in general they are selling other people's products). If you were running their business, which would you do?

It's very simple: arguing with you costs them money (they pay call centre minimum wage or higher); refunding you costs them no money (because in general they are selling other people's products). If you were running their business, which would you do?
They could argue with you in their spare time.

2013_1_johncleese_innerbig.jpg

Last edited:

Then again, I've returned some pretty high ticket items in the past, I can only imagine it's more the case that with them being known for having such exceptional CS they're banking on people spending more.

Then again, I've returned some pretty high ticket items in the past, I can only imagine it's more the case that with them being known for having such exceptional CS they're banking on people spending more.

Maybe so. But often they don't own the stuff so they don't really care whether they refund you or not. They probably even charge the seller for both the sale and the return and then hope you spend the refund on something they can charge another seller for ;)

I've used Amazon for 9 years and bought a lot of stuff. Only had to return 2 items and refunds were very prompt.

Delivery is getting much faster as well. I've ordered plenty of stuff that has arrived the day after :)

Cheers.

Bought a Bosch steam iron from amaz0n 10 months ago. Yesterday morning it stopped working. Rang them before lunch (Indian call centre?) who initially said to contact the manufacturer. Err the contract is with you! Oh no probs, emailed a return label to print & posted it off from our local PO straight after lunch.

Before lunch today (just about 24 hrs after ringing them) a new replacement was delivered. :wideyed:

Absolutely brilliant service. (y)

Back