Amazon

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone else having problems with the Amazon website this evening (shopping & Prime video)? Pages are taking an age to load and, when they do, they're largely gobbledegook!

No, seems ok when looking unsigned in on the smartphone.

Will look again later on the PC?

Just looked on the PC (Windows Edge browser) and seems AOK logged in and looking at various sections including order history etc

I have a problem with Amazon in general, taking over small business and destroying competitors. I always try to buy elsewhere and usually find it for better price

Nope, that didn't work

Have you tried via a VPN? I believe Amazon use some freaky load balancing with multiple instances and it's possible the "version" you are hitting is having problems they haven't detected. VPN should give you a shot at another version.

ETA: if you want a free easy to use VPN then just install Opera. Performance is fairly slow but it's useful for testing things like this. Or maybe try Incognito mode on Chrome - it's not a VPN but in this case may have the same effect.

Last edited:
Have you tried via a VPN? I believe Amazon use some freaky load balancing with multiple instances and it's possible the "version" you are hitting is having problems they haven't detected. VPN should give you a shot at another version.

Have never used a VPN (except to connect to work network from home).

ETA: if you want a free easy to use VPN then just install Opera. Performance is fairly slow but it's useful for testing things like this. Or maybe try Incognito mode on Chrome - it's not a VPN but in this case may have the same effect.
Tried both of those, same result.

Mrs F is having no such issues on her macbook.

Has Mrs F put a blocker on it? ;)

Working fine for me - Win10, Edge.

Back