Amur Tiger Cubs at YWP

Name
Russ
Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely set there Russ, particularly like the last image, lovely.

These are great shots and look like they were taken without any obstruction like bars or mesh, so I'm just wondering what the situation is here? There are Amurs at the Highland Wildlife Park but it was difficult to get a clear shot at them when I was there.

Many thanks for kind replies Steve and Peter :)

Peter, at the YWP there is a minimal amount of wire fencing to get in the way of photographers for most of the animal enclosures - it does seem very well planned from that point of view! Some of my shots here were, however, in fact taken through some wire fencing but at a long focal length and wide aperture which helped make the fence invisible.

Russ

Images are great nice to see them happy and playing :)

Excellent shots

I'm not a fan of zoos but have come to realise that if we didn't have them then one day we'd lose these magnificent creatures altogether and I have to say they look pretty happy with life if tigers can look happy. Zoos aren't what they used to be though and large areas like this are the norm now.

Another vote for the last, lovely shot and all well taken through the wire :)

To me, the last one is also the best. I love these animals!

I guess #2, #3 and #4 would "appreciate" a faster SS, in order to freeze the motion.

Many thanks Luis :)
The lens was a Canon 300mm f/2.8 on a Canon 7D. As I am away from home at the moment I cannot give you the exact camera settings that I used for each shot, but I believe they were all at f/2.8 in order to get good focus through some fencing.

Russ
Thanks ;)

Back