Amy 2nd take.

Sorry but i don't like the processing at all.

For me the texture immediately became the subject. It's instantly obvious. I wondered if it was noise, no, it seems to be simulating the effect of printing a photograph on canvas, but not quite. It's a weird kind of texture, I can't image what kind of surface might look like that. There's more detail in the texture than in the underlying image, except in the eyes,where it's absent, giving the effect of a person looking through eye cutouts in a painting.

It looks as though there might be an interesting portrait behind the texture, but the texture is too obtrusive. Perhaps that's the idea? A real woman is peeping through the eye cut outs in a mute plea for help, her image trapped in a dungeon in some dreadful texturing?

Last edited:
I appreciate the effort, but it's definitely not my cuppa

Not for me either, just doesn't tick any boxes at all.

Fabulous model and makeup. It might not be to everyone's taste but I quite like it. I think it needs some of the texture taking off the model. I done something sort of similar a while back. I liked it but model said I had half her head missing lol, but I still like it.....270652_10150267578102138_2394200_n[1].jpg

For me a big problem with the texture in the Any photograph was that it was so sharp, it was like looking through a wire grating at the model where the focus was on the wire rather than the model. The way my eyes work that made it hard to pay attention to the model, despite finding the model a lot more interesting than the texture. Without the texture I'd have enjoyed looking at the model. The texture made trying to look at the model difficult and uncomfortable.

Back