An-225 Dream

Name
Caleb
Edit My Images
Yes
I heard someone say they had heard from someone else, that someone told them this was due in to Doncaster Sheffield Airport so snuck across to see. Arriving bang on time from Kiev the worlds' biggest aircraft certainly didn't disappoint - it's certainly on the large side. One overshoot and a low level circuit later and its now on stand on all 32 wheels. Staying until tomorrow mid-day then off to Leipzig.

An-225 by on Flickr

An-225 on Flickr

An-225 on Flickr

An-225 on Flickr

Does anyone have a departure schedule for tomorrow?

Well, that doesn't land on a sixpence!

All these big aircraft are ok but my experience, as a passenger, it lands at an airport and then it disgorges its contents (you, the passenger) like a small town to be processed in a village! Airports are just not equipped to handle such movements.

Good photography though :clap:

Well, that doesn't land on a sixpence!

All these big aircraft are ok but my experience, as a passenger, it lands at an airport and then it disgorges its contents (you, the passenger) like a small town to be processed in a village! Airports are just not equipped to handle such movements.

Good photography though :clap:

..... It carries cargo. Proper cargo, not self loading freight.

Awsome machine, great images, would have loved to be there to see it take off, bit too far for me to travel :crying:

Great set of images Caleb, that airplane looks just "Ginormous".(y)

George.

Popped up there this morning and it is hhhhhuuuuuge!

The size of about four conventional aircraft regularly using DSA.

The only passengers are the crew, and it only goes to and from airports that can handle it.

It takes freight, like this:

An-225-manchester-2006.jpg

From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MilborneOne

Last edited:
Nice shots taken off walkers land i guess looking at the background as everywere else round that area is a bit of pig really

andy

It was taken from a footpath that runs behind walkers. Loads of places to go around DSA!

It was taken from a footpath that runs behind walkers. Loads of places to go around DSA!

sorry I meant just the approach area at Blaxton end ,the mound at Biffa/motto cross park seems to be a fav with a lot of photographer's
andy

Mod edit **Image removed**

Please start your own thread if you wish to share

Would enjoy seeing that! Some aeroplane. Nice shots too.

Wonderful shots..great clarity,a joy to view. I've seen photos of a large Russian plane using this airport. I must google it, I assumed Doncaster /Sheffield airport would be a small airport. They must use it regularly

I can't leave this reply without commenting on your first sentence..lol...in a nice way. .It took me a couple of reads to make sure I knew how you came to know about its arrival. I think "I'd heard that."..etc. would have done. It just made me chuckle and we all need one of those these days :)

It would be great if you could find a way of knowing when these monsters will be arriving. There's usually a way.

They file a flight plan several days in advance and the operator posts on their website where its going. Robin Hood Airport is ex RAF Finningley and has a massive runway (it was an emergency shuttle landing site)

Back