An adult, using natural light

Does he really know how you intend to rent the space in front of that window permanently? ;)

Light is a little strong and burnt out over his shoulder, so that it merges with the window frame and seems a bit burnt out around parts of his face too. Maybe some black velvet/card to cool it down maybe on the sides?

Really good natural expression though.

Does he really know how you intend to rent the space in front of that window permanently? ;)

Light is a little strong and burnt out over his shoulder, so that it merges with the window frame and seems a bit burnt out around parts of his face too. Maybe some black velvet/card to cool it down maybe on the sides?

Really good natural expression though.

Hi

We only spent a few minutes on front of his window! The wife and kids had their stuff ready to travel back home. I took this and a pic of his daughter. We then travelled home! I will be looking at his house with different eyes next time I go though!!

I might tone down the right side of his neck now that you mention it. I don't mind the hot bits around the face as it gives a bit of definition (IMHO) although next time I'll aim to get it better.

Cheers!

The face seems to be shades of red and grey, like all the colours have been desaturated other than red - and some of the skin tones have been caught in that. I'm on a work laptop, so this screen might not be the best for me to judge.

I like it - gives the bloke a nice friendly look and yes the window might be burnt out a bit but I don't think it badly effects the whole image and in fact gives it some 'glow'

Agree with John Young on this one! great portrait! who cares about the blown out background when you've got great light on the subject and a real nice expression? (not sarcastic)

Back