An autumn selection. (pic heavy)

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Haven't posted a picture since or after the summer downtime but have regularly been enjoying the high standard of pictures uploaded daily to the landscape forum. It's often inspirational with a good dose of much needed motivation.
As autumn moves towards winter I'm fairly confident there won't be any more pictures with an autumnal theme. Sure, there's dozens of recent pictures sitting in Lightroom I've yet to edit or delete but my focus has firmly shifted towards winter as the temperatures drop and the snow slowly returns to the mountains.
This is a set of pictures of what autumn means to me. It's a mixed bag with no strong theme, style or subject matter other than my local area at this time of year.

Loch Tulla, an area I frequent regularly for several reasons. It's peaceful, almost all other photographers travelling to the area pass by for the more favourable Glencoe. Tulla also offers a wealth of different shots depending on the conditions, it's tranquil, serene and beautiful.

Loch Tulla by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Aonach Eagach Ridge, Glencoe. A handheld shot taken while waiting for the light to land on another shot. The light did land on the other shot, exactly where I wanted it too, but as usual those fleeting moments of conditions and light often please me more than the premeditated planned shots.

AER by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Back to Loch Tulla. A wonderful misty morning walking amongst the Scots pine as the light broke.

Scots Pine by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Same morning and location as above but silver birch this time and what a morning it was. Took a few of these types all in a small compact area and all within minutes of each other while the conditions were perfect. It was like shooting fish in a barrel to be honest, just point and shoot. This is probably my favourite from that particular bunch.

Tulla Trees by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Before the sun had risen burning off the mist there was a sombre mood on the banks of Loch Tulla.

A sombre mood on Tulla by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Birch by Tulla by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Strictly not autumn but still retains autumnal tones. This is a re-edit of a previous picture taken last April while walking the Beinn Eighe Nature Reserve with a couple of pals.

Beinn Eighe by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Couldn't end the set without a picture of that big rock. First time I'd visited for months so was determined to get a picture come what may.

private keep by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Could have posted a few more but it appears I've hit forum limits. Hope you enjoy, sorry for the picture overload and thanks for looking.

Last edited:
What a wonderful collection of photographs, makes me want to go back as soon as possible.

Some beautiful photographs in that collection. Thanks for sharing and well done.

I thoroughly enjoyed looking through them all and these are serene as you say the area is.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks folks, appreciate the kind comments.

Top quality. Are you using the "Orton Effect" or whatever it is for Tulla Trees? Looks like Tom Heaton is copying your style :)
I'm not an active follower of Thomas Heaton's work and, to my knowledge, he's not a follower of mine so doubt there's any copying going on. I had a look at TH's website and I'm not seeing the resemblance other than we like to shoot similar subjects with trees and light.
Not Orton effect but do apply a small amount of soft focus to dampen down the amount of detail. Thanks.

I'd look though a Thesaurus to find 'inspirational', - but words don't do these justice for me.
Simply stunning will have to suffice.

Nice little set there Scott, No.4 is my pick of the bunch.The colours and pp are very nice indeed. I just wished there had been some fog and mist this week, instead of the heavy rain and cloud although still some great conditions.

Top quality. Are you using the "Orton Effect" or whatever it is for Tulla Trees? Looks like Tom Heaton is copying your style :)
I'm not sure TH has anything as good as 3 & 4 for woodland shots IMO. I'm pretty confident the split tone and soft style here is inspired by the likes of Mark Little-John, who again IMO is a master of this painterly woodland style. I too have been trying my hand at woodland lately and have been inspired by the Likes of Mark, Scott, Lee Acaster, Darren Colli-Leach to name a few which I consider masters in this genre.

Stunning photos. I particularly like #1, reminds me of a Constable painting and captures the "tranquil, serene and beautiful" atmosphere you mentioned.

Thanks again guys. Have a good weekend. Staying in this weekend so no shots for me. Hope the weather is crap. ;) Clear with blue skies.

I'm not sure TH has anything as good as 3 & 4 for woodland shots IMO. I'm pretty confident the split tone and soft style here is inspired by the likes of Mark Little-John, who again IMO is a master of this painterly woodland style. I too have been trying my hand at woodland lately and have been inspired by the Likes of Mark, Scott, Lee Acaster, Darren Colli-Leach to name a few which I consider masters in this genre.

You'd be absolutely correct Neil. Mark's early pictures were my first introduction to landscape photography when we both frequented the same hi-fi forums a few years ago so he's a strong influence. I'm a huge fan and the git knows it. :D
We like shooting the same things in the same conditions and the craic is always good when we're out.

Top work mate! 1 & 3 for me, but all great TBH........

Back