Critique An evening in Devon

Aye, we get some gorgeous scenery down here, though I do have a little bit of a drive to reach it

Thats some beautiful work right there

Such a beautiful peaceful image.

That's nice. No need for fancy techniques or processing......

I would crop it a little on the l.h.s.:)

Thanks Jerry :)

I considered cropping a bit more out. Thought about a more pano crop as the foreground is a bit dead space. But I wanted the tree in the background to be on a third...

I like it as it is (AND the light we get down here!) Played very quickly with a square crop... Tree at the front is still on a third but the background tree is only on a vertical one!

47547960302_eddd5afb56_m.jpg

Very nice shot, with some really lovely light & colours.

George.

Its a lovely image, lhs seems a little dark imho though almost like a grad used which I'm sure it wasn't, just looks a little odd to my eye.
I was trying to emphasise the light coming from the top right using a sort of partial vignette. I've noticed it used quite effectively by others - I probably need to finesse it a bit!

I was trying to emphasise the light coming from the top right using a sort of partial vignette. I've noticed it used quite effectively by others - I probably need to finesse it a bit!

Yep I thought that might be the case, I think the best way of doing this is to underexpose by a stop or 2 then add a gradient to lighten the rhs. It's also worth playing with the exposure/whites/highlights/shadows when you do this to get the most natural looking blend.

Back