Beginner An explosion of the mind.

Edit My Images
Yes
This is a mixture of all medias really, but used in my photography work.
First of all, I took the image below in our college studio. Just a plain image of a girl facing sideways.

qP8CXYl.jpg

I then added an explosion of ink towards the back of the girls head and exploding outwards.

u9j61qq.jpg

I then layered the images up to give it a "blurred" effect. I used the original painting and two acetate print outs to do this.

35KmxyP.jpg

I then added thread to the girls hair and edited the colouring a little.
oRAQjCK.jpg

If I was to do this again, I would have used a better printer for printing out the first image to add paint to. Due to the printing quality I feel it ruined the girls face and therefore ruining the image a little. I also apologise for the quality of image 3, it was in fact taken by my phone. (you can kind of see my hand in the bottom right.)

I hope for any advice on how I could create more work like this, do something better, constructive criticism, and overall opinions.
Many thanks,
Robyn.

I think it's very interesting . I'm not really qualified at all to comment on this type of art but it certainly offers a lot of potential for creativity. For me, this image would be better if the portrait sharp or at least not blurred to double vision extreme but just had the added characteristics of the thread and ink splashes ... but what do I know. Push the boundaries.

Back