And they are back!

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
I've not seen any hoverflies for awhile.
I'm assuming that the next generation, has just clocked in (y)

110.jpg

096.jpg070.jpg

Super!

You’re really getting the hang of this macro lark.

Super!

You’re really getting the hang of this macro lark.
Cheers Steve (y)
And yes, not being allowed near a zoo for quite sometime, I had to find something else to annoy :D
A whole new world has opened up for me TBH :)

Cheers Steve (y)
And yes, not being allowed near a zoo for quite sometime, I had to find something else to annoy :D
A whole new world has opened up for me TBH :)
Same with me Chris, never really interested in photographing birds before, but because of the lockdown I can’t stop doing it!!

Excellent photos Chris, you are improving Mate, these are really good. (y)

Nice one Chris.

Hovers were having a hard time due to the length of dry weather now we have started to get some wet they are starting to emerge again.

There was only a few species that could with stand the dry spell. Now is a great time to find lots of species.

Nice set Chris - I'm just getting back into Macro my self ( new lens has now arrived :) )

Les

Hovers were having a hard time due to the length of dry weather now we have started to get some wet they are starting to emerge again.
Of course it all makes sense now you said it, thanks for the heads up Bryn :)
Nice one Chris.
Cheers (y)

Nice set Chris - I'm just getting back into Macro my self ( new lens has now arrived :) )

Les
Cheers Les, (y)
And yes I've seen some of yours, Impressive.
Of course It must be a good camera / lens combo :D

Last edited:
Of course it all makes sense now you said it, thanks for the heads up Bryn :)

Cheers (y)

Cheers Les, (y)
And yes I've seen some of yours, Impressive.
Of course It must be a good camera / lens combo :D

Cheeky Sod :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

The top two are Episyrphus balteatus and the bottom one is a female Eupeodes corollae = all very common species. As others have commented, hoverflies have been a bit thin on the ground letely, especially in the south-east, probably due to the very dry spring. There has been a noticeable influx of Eupeodes into the east coast and E. corollae and E. luniger are pretty abundant at the moment. At least in my garden, E. balteatus has not been very frequent so far.

Back