Anhinga

SKM

Edit My Images
No
A member of the cormorant family but have a much longer and thinner bill and when flying or fishing a very long extended neck, in fact when I saw one from a distance the other day swallowing a fish I thought it was a snake. This was shot at the Lakes Park, Fort Myers

stan

1/160, f8, ISO 800, 420mm

34473558475_48b625dbb2_c.jpg

I really dont know what is going n with this forum, yet again over 24 hours, a good few views and no comments !!

am I wasting my time - I could understand if it were a crap oof image but it is not and a bird, at least for UK viewers that is very uncommon

Stan

Its one of those images Stan thats niether good or bad,if i was to comment it would be that you have done well with a slow shutter speed

Its one of those images Stan thats niether good or bad,if i was to comment it would be that you have done well with a slow shutter speed

well thanks for commenting Den but there are lots of images here which are no different, ie neither good nor bad, which seem to receive multiple comments - perhaps its just I am not one of the "in crowd"

Stan

well thanks for commenting Den but there are lots of images here which are no different, ie neither good nor bad, which seem to receive multiple comments - perhaps its just I am not one of the "in crowd"

Stan
I have had images Stan with over 100 views but zero replies ..with me Stan i take shots for myself , i then post them to share on here if i get a lot of comments great if not then i just carry on as normal ...Some members and i include yourself Stan produce consistent decent images and it becomes the norm ,it then takes a different unusual image from either a established member or one who is progressing and then produces a outstanding image ,a good example would be @maryla and the cuckoo shots well deserving of the comments she should be getting,i dont think there is any special click ,not since the admin had the last cull ,i have freinds on here who have not commented on any of my owl shots for ages ,i just take it they have a quick look and carry on unless they spot something worth commenting on(or they could just be well fed up of them) ,rather than comment for the sake of it ,although i am not a lover of just hitting the like button but it does show they have taken the time to look ..thats fine for me ..

i take shots for myself , i then post them to share on here if i get a lot of comments great if not then i just carry on as normal ...Some members and i include yourself Stan produce consistent decent images and it becomes the norm ,it then takes a different unusual image from either a established member or one who is progressing and then produces a outstanding image ,a good example would be @maryla and the cuckoo shots well deserving of the comments she should be getting,i dont think there is any special click ,not since the admin had the last cull ,i have freinds on here who have not commented on any of my owl shots for ages ,i just take it they have a quick look and carry on unless they spot something worth commenting on(or they could just be well fed up of them) ,rather than comment for the sake of it ,although i am not a lover of just hitting the like button but it does show they have taken the time to look ..thats fine for me ..

I agree with Den ... I take loads of shots of what I can get at my local WWT or RSPB Reserve and these are generally unspectacular, (there are only so many ways to photograph a Reed Warbler! :D}, sometimes they get a few comments, sometimes a few likes and occasionally no response at all. I try to comment myself on as many as I can and often see that the comments are never reciprocated ... that's life, it isn't going to get me to stop taking photographs and posting a few up, (sorry folks :D).
This particular image is interesting in that it's not a UK species but it is another unremarkable image, like many of mine and many others posted ... personally I would say just 'chill' Stan and post your images, taking whatever response you get ... I suspect that if you constantly go on about not getting responses it will have an undesired effect. :)

I have had images Stan with over 100 views but zero replies ..with me Stan i take shots for myself , i then post them to share on here if i get a lot of comments great if not then i just carry on as normal ...Some members and i include yourself Stan produce consistent decent images and it becomes the norm ,it then takes a different unusual image from either a established member or one who is progressing and then produces a outstanding image ,a good example would be @maryla and the cuckoo shots well deserving of the comments she should be getting,i dont think there is any special click ,not since the admin had the last cull ,i have freinds on here who have not commented on any of my owl shots for ages ,i just take it they have a quick look and carry on unless they spot something worth commenting on(or they could just be well fed up of them) ,rather than comment for the sake of it ,although i am not a lover of just hitting the like button but it does show they have taken the time to look ..thats fine for me ..

I agree with Den ... I take loads of shots of what I can get at my local WWT or RSPB Reserve and these are generally unspectacular, (there are only so many ways to photograph a Reed Warbler! :D}, sometimes they get a few comments, sometimes a few likes and occasionally no response at all. I try to comment myself on as many as I can and often see that the comments are never reciprocated ... that's life, it isn't going to get me to stop taking photographs and posting a few up, (sorry folks :D).
This particular image is interesting in that it's not a UK species but it is another unremarkable image, like many of mine and many others posted ... personally I would say just 'chill' Stan and post your images, taking whatever response you get ... I suspect that if you constantly go on about not getting responses it will have an undesired effect. :)

Two very good posts (y)

I'm guilty of both, looking and not commenting or looking and hitting the like button. I've also posted images and had very few or no comments, as Roger said, that's life, if a little frustrating.

I've looked at both your last shots, this and the Ospreys, my thoughts were neither shot was up there with the usual IQ you post, although yes, great birds to see (y) so I just looked and left no comment.

I've also noticed (please don't take this the wrong way:)) you can go a bit defensive when replying to crit, after all, that's what the forums about, its actually the main reason I post my shots.

All the rest has been said by Den and Roger (y)

you may well be correct Stan thinking you may not be in the gang it does happen your pictures are above average so no other real reason why you didnt get good feedback or maybe the time of year sun shining people are on holiday or doing other things

Last edited:
Back