Anna Rose

While I'm not in any habit of enforcing compositional rules.. in fact, I often encourage breaking them, I think the landscape format of this serves little purpose. I also think the crop at the bottom is a bit tight, and perhaps more room for the V neck of her top to breathe would be better. I'm being properly arsy and critical though. A small matter really.

That aside, it's quite lovely.

Last edited:
I don't mind the landscape format in this case. In fact I'd be tempted to have even more negative space to the left given the strong impact of the bold look of the model.

I have to agree that the crop is a little tight for me on the bottom but perhaps a little on the top too.

No escaping the fact it's a very nicely lit powerful image though.

cracking images :) both of them have different merits personal opinions I like your second edit better but opinions are like.....................

Love the lighting, and the posing/composition, but it doesn't look sharp to me. (At least the eyes don't)

How about this crop then? Much tighter, and with the left eye on the inter-section of thirds. Personally, I think I prefer this tighter crop.

View attachment 51629

I think I prefer that. I'd reshoot it though... cropping loses quality. Do you know the model... can you get her back in?

I think I prefer that. I'd reshoot it though... cropping loses quality. Do you know the model... can you get her back in?

lol.....the original is just 50 million pixels on a 5DS....I don't think that will be required! :) However I do think the substantial re-sizing has made it look slightly soft. Something to bear in mind.

Lovely quality portrait I just love those eyes !

lol.....the original is just 50 million pixels on a 5DS....I don't think that will be required! :) However I do think the substantial re-sizing has made it look slightly soft. Something to bear in mind.

Fair point. I'm not one to look for meta data... what it's shot on is irrelevant.

Back