Answered Annoying

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hello admins

When I use my preferred email address to this forum I get to approve it then the access to forum works like posting etc then a day later a notice telling me update email address again. Been going on a while now.

Cobra

Just not pink enough
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
There are certain email address's that don't recognise TP as a secure site.
Plusnet is one.

Quite a few members have had the same problem over the years, they have swapped to something like a Gmail account, with no further issues.
I note that you aren't using a PN email as your registered email, its also been suggested that using PN mail client has the same effect.

I doubt you can be arsed to read it all, but from the PN forum help
https://community.plus.net/t5/Email...ndom-SMTP-550-errors-for-inbound/td-p/1493574

Last edited:

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Staff member
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
There are certain email address's that don't recognise TP as a secure site.
Plusnet is one.
That's not correct mate.
It's a problem with 123reg, although it's a very similar situation that some plusnet users are experiencing.
It's not that they don't recognise TP as secure.

What happened is that an email was sent to a 123reg user (not necessarily you, could be another TP user).
The 123reg mail server decide that talkphotography.co.uk just doesn't exist / isn't a valid domain and bounced the email back.
Any further emails sent to 123reg users get bounced back with a "Nope, you don't exist! We decided that earlier and we're not checking again".

Unfortunately, like the very similar plusnet problem, it's a 123reg issue.

Did you not get the email I sent to you? To your gmail address.

Last edited:

Gremlin

*looks down* Yep, I'm a girl!
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
I'll never understand why people use their ISP email address, when change ISP you lose the email,
well unless you are prepared to pay to keep it

Cobra

Just not pink enough
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
That's not correct mate.
It's a problem with 123reg, although it's a very similar situation that some plusnet users are experiencing.
I stand erected I mean corrected (y)

OP
OP
rookies
Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
That's not correct mate.

What happened is that an email was sent to a 123reg user (not necessarily you, could be another TP user).
The 123reg mail server decide that talkphotography.co.uk just doesn't exist / isn't a valid domain and bounced the email back.
Any further emails sent to 123reg users get bounced back with a "Nope, you don't exist! We decided that earlier and we're not checking again".

Unfortunately, like the very similar plusnet problem, it's a 123reg issue.

Did you not get the email I sent to you? To your gmail address.
Nothing mate

OP
OP
rookies
Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
I'll never understand why people use their ISP email address, when change ISP you lose the email,
Am not using a isp address I’ve got my own it that being rejected

Marc

Mucky Rims
Staff member
Edit My Images
Yes
My dad uses his Talk Talk email address des[pite being with BT for 4 years and doesn't pay for it. Mrs F used her AOL address for years after we switched.

Gremlin

*looks down* Yep, I'm a girl!
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
when I left BT last year, they made a point of the fact that I would lose my email, told them it was only there for the junk they sent me
Had this with other iSP too

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Staff member
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Want to know why? Because Im a complete tool and replied to the bounce email, so I just replied to our forum server. I'll resend it to you like I originally should have done. Sorry!