Critique Another attempt

Cheers fellas,sometimes having focus issues and blurred shots and not quite sure why.

Cheers fellas,sometimes having focus issues and blurred shots and not quite sure why.

If you look closely at your originals, (I've looked at those on Flickr which are better quality than the above links) ..... I think that you may find that it is a movement problem not a focus one.
Both images are at different ISO's and although you have used 1/640th sec on the image directly above, the Whitethroat, I still think that there is camera movement.

I'd stick the camera on a tripod at say 1/1000th sec, take a few test shots, and find out if you have a focus issue or not.

Last edited:
I'd stick the camera on a tripod at say 1/1000th sec, take a few test shots, and find out if you have a focus issue or not.
Agreed, 1/640 is a bit slow IMO... I try for 1/ 2xFL minimum if at all possible. Another thing to keep in mind is that long FL's and short distances equals very shallow DOF... this is more challenging for PDAF and it will never be 100%.

Thanks fellas,will try on a tripod.As others have mentioned pictures seem to loose some quality when posted here.

Back