Another Autumnal Pic

Of the autumn pictures that have been posted here recently for me that is one of the better ones, the river leads nicely through the frame giving a real sense of depth and the trees and colours look good

Very nice shot, well composed with some lovely colours.

George.

It’s a decent record shot but it’s lacking a focal point or considered composition in my opinion. I don’t know if you could’ve made something of the little cascades to give you a foreground and add more depth? The stones in the bottom right are adding a bit of depth but I wonder again if more could have been done to make them more of a feature? There’s also a slightly distracting patch of sky that could be cropped out. Don’t get me wrong I like it, but more thought over the composition would lift it another level

It’s a decent record shot but it’s lacking a focal point or considered composition in my opinion. I don’t know if you could’ve made something of the little cascades to give you a foreground and add more depth? The stones in the bottom right are adding a bit of depth but I wonder again if more could have been done to make them more of a feature? There’s also a slightly distracting patch of sky that could be cropped out. Don’t get me wrong I like it, but more thought over the composition would lift it another level
Tks for taking the time to comment. In particular I agree about the bit of sky, I didn't crop down because I liked the way the over-arching branches framed it. A lot of my Dartmoor shots are taken on the hoof as we walk with our dog. Thought over composition has to pay second fiddle to the patience of SWMBO!

Back