Beginner Another Bee and Fly

Good submission! Keep up the good work!
Rink

Apologies to the OP, for this small thread Derail...

Good submission! Keep up the good work!
Rink

Robert - sorry to take this option to try and communicate with you, but the staff have been sending you PM's for the past month or so, and you don't appear to be reading them - it's regarding your repeated reports of an "error" where you can't comment on pictures in the Gallery.

If I may, i'll add the entire message I sent you last time in this thread, so you may actually read it and save yourself the hassle of further "reporting" of an error that doesn't exist.

Message Begins...
---------------------
Robert,

You've reported a "problem" with not being able to comment on photo's that are in the TalkPhotography Gallery at least 3 times now.

Theres a simple explanation why you can't comment. Because NOBODY can comment on photo's in the gallery. The option has been switched off, basically, because comments on the photographs should be made within the posts in the forum. The gallery is simply a service to members for them to be able to host photographs - if they wish for the picture to get critique then they post in the sharing sections.

Should you wish to comment on photographs please feel free to do so, by frequenting the photo sharing sections.

here's a link to the area of the forum where your comments will be welcome.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/#photo-genres-sharing-critique.139

Please do not report any further "problems" with commenting on pictures in the gallery, you're not being victimised, I'm a staff member and I can't comment on them either, neither can the 3 admins (owners) of the forum. The option is switched off, and is not going to be switched on no matter how many times you complain there's a problem.

---------------------
Message Ends.

Once Again, apologies to the OP for the thread derail - if everyone would refrain from commenting on MY post to avoid any further issues, that'd be really cool - and if you DO comment on it, I may well delete the posts...

@Rink - please read the above, and send us a "report" on this post, just to say that you now understand. Also, if you want explanation of how the private messaging service (called conversations) on here works, I suggest you post a "help" message in the Site Help and support area of the forum - here - https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/site-help-and-support.13/

Nice.

I think the crystalline structure of some petals is one of those nice surprises that you can get when doing close-up macro. It surprised my wife, who spends a lot of time working with plants. I see it in various petals in our garden.

Personal taste: I like the light and composition in the first one with the droplets nicely encompassed, and their collective shape/line balancing the very offset position of the fly. That all works very well for me. Not so keen on the vignetting in the second.

Nice.

I think the crystalline structure of some petals is one of those nice surprises that you can get when doing close-up macro. It surprised my wife, who spends a lot of time working with plants. I see it in various petals in our garden.

Personal taste: I like the light and composition in the first one with the droplets nicely encompassed, and their collective shape/line balancing the very offset position of the fly. That all works very well for me. Not so keen on the vignetting in the second.
Yeah, the first one, I was shooting the wet flower when the fly landed, it made a better picture than all the ones of just the flower.

The second one seems to split opinion. The background wasn't great beforehand, some people like it, I wasn't sure.

The second one seems to split opinion. The background wasn't great beforehand, some people like it, I wasn't sure.

It's a personal taste. :)

I'm not keen on vignetting generally. Vignetting is a bit of an issue with some of my setups, and I tend to see it as a problem. So that may be colouring my view of it. But putting that to one side, the vignetting in #2 is drawn so tight as to encroach on the subject and it was that rather than the vignetting as such that didn't appeal to my eye.

Back