Another Blue Tit and a Coal tit too !

2 crackers there but loving the Bluey some nice feather detail (y)

Love the Blue Tit image John!

2 nice shots john,as said love the blue tit/

2 crackers there but loving the Bluey some nice feather detail (y)

Many thanks Dougie , David and Gary.

Both good though #1 is the nicer shot, #2 looks a tad dull.

Point taken Ken. Think I overdid the contrast perhaps? Hows this?

IMG_0959psePF1b1280b Coal Tit v2 by Thomas Covenant, on Flickr

Any better sir ?

BTit for me too - Very nice.

blue tit is a corker, great detail

Two nice shots John although the blue tits the better of the two.

Cheers Charles, Edward and Matt (y)

Everyones comments and cc always appreciated - John

The BT is a cracker, great eye contact,the CT image looks flat, even in the repost, that's fixable, but the head is turned away, hiding the eye, that's not fixable.

Lovely John sharp! (y)

Two pleasing images John, its always good to see these birds. However, I am going to be a bit negative about them, the BT looks oversharpened to me and just a tad overexposed due to the strong lighting. This could be corrected if you have shot them in RAW. The CT looks a tad noisy and a halo has started to appear around the head, plus the image is lacking vibrance. You haven't shown the EXIF, but I suspect the CT might be a large crop, but I could be wrong there.
I hope you dont mind me saying this, its only meant with the best of intentions to improve 2 nicely composed shots (y)

Sharp and good details

Many thanks for commenting

The BT is a cracker, great eye contact,the CT image looks flat, even in the repost, that's fixable, but the head is turned away, hiding the eye, that's not fixable.

Thanks Joe. The CT had a habit of turning its head at the wrong moment and that was as good as it got and it is still not right as you say.

Love both shots! Damn cute birds!

Good photos!

Nick

Cheers Nick

Lovely John sharp! (y)

Cheers Bob - hope you are well and its not all work ,work ,work ;)

Two pleasing images John, its always good to see these birds. However, I am going to be a bit negative about them, the BT looks oversharpened to me and just a tad overexposed due to the strong lighting. This could be corrected if you have shot them in RAW. The CT looks a tad noisy and a halo has started to appear around the head, plus the image is lacking vibrance. You haven't shown the EXIF, but I suspect the CT might be a large crop, but I could be wrong there.
I hope you dont mind me saying this, its only meant with the best of intentions to improve 2 nicely composed shots (y)

Thanks for your honesty Trev and its much appreciated.
The BT could well be oversharpened as I have trouble deciding how much to use for those that are posted here and some lose sharpness in translation it seems to me :shrug:
As for the CT it was a fair crop and there was a lot of poor light on the day so high ISO required which may account for the noise.
I am still very much in the learning stage with the Photoshop Elements kit and have only started toying with the DPP software so hopefully things will improve with time.
However, without yours and others cc people like me would be none the wiser so keep it coming please (y)

John

Back