Another Coal Tit

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
I was over at the hide earlier this morning & moved the perch a bit closer yet as my poor old 300mm is bust. The Coalies were landing all round my feet while I moved things about. This was taken yesterday with the 300.
Coalie1.jpg

Charlie, I hardly use my 300 now, do you want to borrow it until yours is fixed?

Charlie, I hardly use my 300 now, do you want to borrow it until yours is fixed?

And i thought you would have offered the 300-800 a kind bloke like yourself :D great sharp shot as always Charlie :clap::clap:

No way, i`d miss it too much.........:LOL:

Should have said before, cracking shot as per usual Charlie.

Thanks for the comments & the kind offer Fracster. Time to take stock & consider where I would like to go now with my photography I think.
I have always shied away from long lenses as I prefer to get close but having had a visit to Sunart recently I am just itching to try some Otter shots. It is possible to get up close & personal with them but a long tom would help a bit too in some instances. Question is what to buy? A friend recently bought a Nikon 200 - 400 f4 + 1.4 conv. I might get a wee look at that sometime if I ask him nicely!

300-800 would suit you Sir.

It is 5.6 Charlie, but the 200-400 would be with a 1.4 tc on it. I have not used it it in really low light yet, so can`t really comment on the autofocus issue.

Mind you, I seem to recall that a 200-400 could be had quite cheaply in your area..;).......but, the zoom on the Sigma is grand for what you and I like to photograph.

Lovely crisp, clear shot sawman.
Sorry to hear your 300mm is bust.

really like that shot, at 5.6 what iso do you use in low light,

How is it in low light.

Not brilliant , it needs a bit of help by manually focusing to aid things along.As with all things though Charlie, nothing is perfect.

, Sorry, aimed at Charlie I think.

Back