Another crispy morning at Thurne.

Lovely soft tones in this shot and worth the frost bite.
Just one erm and its not crit but it looks like its a little lopsided but I am sure it is just how the land lies.
I thinks one for the wall this is.

Nice that.
Cheers Steve.

Lovely soft tones in this shot and worth the frost bite.
Just one erm and its not crit but it looks like its a little lopsided but I am sure it is just how the land lies.
I thinks one for the wall this is.
Thanks Graham, will have another look at that.

Lovely stuff Paul. I went there just after Christmas for that very view, you fared better than me I think but there were about 8 people there on that day as well... I used to go weeks without seeing another photographer!

Many thanks Justin, I've been the same as you with weeks without seeing anyone and then its mobbed.

Oh, that's rather lovely.
The colours are so pretty.

Nice work mate, been meaning to head down there or Turf Fen - you've just given me a little more encouragement!

Nice, love the light hitting the front of the cabin (y)
Thanks Kellett, I was actually waiting for the mill to light up as in the past but I'm really happy that the doorway was lit.

Nice work mate, been meaning to head down there or Turf Fen - you've just given me a little more encouragement!
C'mon Neil get that Sony out and about :). Hopefully it is producing better than the NIkon?

Hi Paul,

This is a truely stunning capture, I also agree with Graham. I would put this picture in my den and give it pride of place. My I ask what camera and lens combo you used?

Hi Paul,

This is a truely stunning capture, I also agree with Graham. I would put this picture in my den and give it pride of place. My I ask what camera and lens combo you used?

Thank you very much Andy for the kind comments. As requested :)

Canon EOS 5DS
EF24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Aperture. ƒ/13.0
Focal length. 70.0 mm
Exposure time. 2.5
ISO. 50

I did see you there Paul, I was one of the guys already there when you turned up (which really annoys me when it happens to me lol thinking you are the first there with the location to yourself...!).

I really like the higher contrast of the chalet/house against the softer St Benet's Mill and a nice fade of colour from warm to cool across the shot.

I did see you there Paul, I was one of the guys already there when you turned up (which really annoys me when it happens to me lol thinking you are the first there with the location to yourself...!).

I really like the higher contrast of the chalet/house against the softer St Benet's Mill and a nice fade of colour from warm to cool across the shot.

Thanks for the comments, appreciate that. I was very surprised to see you both already there, glad I wasn't in your way or hope not anyway. Are you out and about most weekends in Suffolk / Norfolk?

Classic, Beautiful scene with wonderful subtle tones, Top Draw(y)

Paul has very kindly consented to his image being used as the TP facebook page banner for a couple of weeks, or so.

Thanks again Paul (y)

Very nice, Paul.

At least I was moving about at that time on Wednesday, even if it was chuffing chilly on the course!

Thanks Alan.
Paul has very kindly consented to his image being used as the TP facebook page banner for a couple of weeks, or so.

Thanks again Paul (y)

Many thanks for the opportunity :)

Very nice, Paul.

At least I was moving about at that time on Wednesday, even if it was chuffing chilly on the course!
Do I detect an early morning bandit on the course.. I'm a nice pot of tea warmed you up afterwards
very nice shot !
Cheers Danny-K

Back