another dumb question

Edit My Images
Yes
I some times get strange questions in my head when im at work:whistle2:
and try as I may they still bother me .
so here goes every one on this forum is so friendly to each other
i was wondering

how many members know other members personally:ponders: I know its not going to change the world but I may sleep better :confused- so in the tradition of these kind of questions I will start

no body not a single person yes call me billy no mates :hissyfit:

i'm with you mate, i dont know anyone at all in the flesh, so to speak, but feel i know them all as great mates.

I dont know anyone in person - suppose Im a billy-no-mates, just like you;)

At least not so far as Im aware anyhow:)

On a Chester Zoo meet last year I met Steve, Marcel, Matt, all Admin/Mod wallers, IanC_UK, and Cripple (Sam). Apart from that I haven't met anyone personally at all. We should try to put that right in the coming year, but you know, if we can't do it, it isn't that important. What's important is we continue to post our shots here. Sometimes they'll be great, sometimes they'll be not-so-great, and sometimes they might be crap, but keep posting those pics, that's what's really important. ;)

I used to go out shooting with Steve, which was part of how this site came into being...

But then he upped sticks and moved to Germany....I think it was something I said... :D

Like CT says, we met up at Chester Zoo last year, and I've met up with IanC_UK, Matt, and a few others a couple of months ago at Donna Nook (organised through these forums). Occasionally go shooting with Jonny, but he has L glass so it's hard for me to resist the urge to mug him for it. :D

Personally I'm more of your social shooter, and prefer to go shooting with other photographers, which is why I like the meetup type events....good fun to chat with likeminded people.

CT said:
We should try to put that right in the coming year, but you know, if we can't do it, it isn't that important.
I disagree.

I post on a couple of forums other than this one, and there was this guy who I absolutely and utterly hated, and he hated me. We would always disagree on forum discussions and every thread we were both in would end up locked.

Then one day we both ended up in the same room with a bunch of other people and we actually got along great. Shook hands, had a few pints, talked about all sorts.

Meeting people in person can really change your attitude towards them. In my experience, its always been for the better.

I have met Arkady via this forum as he lives in the same town as me (and he's a big pussycat really ;) ). The only person I know personally is Rickmezza (Hi Rich :wave4: ) as I'm very good mates with his wife and used to be one of their neighbours back up in Yorkshire.

I don't know anyone personally but this is the friendliest photography forum I have visited (not that I visit many) and the only one I post with regularly. Would love the opportunity to go on a shoot with someone who knows what they are doing....hoping Arkady makes it back from the jungle safely so he can keep his PROMISE of coming up north for a street shoot…..don’t see why all those southerners should be the only ones to benefit.;) :D :)

Billy no mates here.....oh that's a lie....MattF since age of 5. Should get to meet some fo the faces at Silverstone testing & Arkadys shoot emup...sorry street photography get together in Brizzel ;)

I don't anyone personally...but there are a few members in West Yorkshire so maybe it's an opportunity?

regards

KenCo1964 said:
hoping Arkady makes it back from the jungle safely so he can keep his PROMISE of coming up north for a street shoot…..don’t see why all those southerners should be the only ones to benefit.;) :D :)

Would just like to point out that I am 100% northerner and proud of it! :p :D

Just unfortunate to be posted after you...certainly not aimed at yourself or anyone else specifically.:suspect1: :whistle2: :innocent:

mrgubby said:
Thought you were a Southerner :whistle2:

I am Yorkshire born and bred. Lived in Yorkshire all my life until August last year when I met a southerner and moved down here.

minimeeze said:
I am Yorkshire born and bred. Lived in Yorkshire all my life until August last year when I met a southerner and moved down here.

Definetely a Southerner then !!! , Once you get below the border its all part of London

;)

another biilly no mates here, but hopefully i'll meet a few of you for some street photography in the coming months :)

GfK said:
I disagree.

I post on a couple of forums other than this one, and there was this guy who I absolutely and utterly hated, and he hated me. We would always disagree on forum discussions and every thread we were both in would end up locked.

Then one day we both ended up in the same room with a bunch of other people and we actually got along great. Shook hands, had a few pints, talked about all sorts.

Meeting people in person can really change your attitude towards them. In my experience, its always been for the better.

Yep, it's curious how we can form the totally wrong image and opinion of a person over The Internet. I've long been an advocate of using a personal pic as an avatar, which gets the message across that you're responding to the post of a living breathing person, not some bot programmed by Bill Gates, and avoids a lot of the personality clashes you get on some boards.

For some reason many people are loathe to post a personal pic, but I suppose they're not all as good looking as me. ;) I'm not practising what I preach at the moment, so I'll have to give it some thought.

Hi Mini, :wave2:
Lovely weather up here this weekend but i've been digging in the garden both days as you know :hissyfit:

doddy no mates

I'm worse than the lot of you, I went to a forum meet (Donna Nook) and didn't meet anybody!! :confused: :embarasse lol

...I made the mistake of taking the girlfriend who, after a 3 and a half hour drive, didn't fancy walking another mile or two out to the sand banks where all the others were having fun :doh:

We've decided that next time we'll spend the night up there so we'll have a bit more energy on the day... it'll be sod's law that the weather will be crap though :banghead: :D

Sonsey said:
I'm worse than the lot of you, I went to a forum meet (Donna Nook) and didn't meet anybody!! :confused: :embarasse lol

Ahh but we knew you were there.....somewhere :)

I've met a couple of characters and enjoyed a day's shooting out in the cold with them.........:)

A fair few others on here now I wouldn't mind meeting up with for a chin wag too.

As CT has already said met up with CT, Marcel, Matt, Steve and IanC, on the Chester Zoo outing, I also know Phase_K (He introduced me to these forums) although he has not posted in quite a while.

I think the days out are really good as you can go out and take photographs with people who share the same passion for it. If you can make one of them I highly recommend attending.

We'll have to sort out some more days out :)

You've left yourself open now Jules..... people will be looking for free accomodation at your place for their next hols ;) Most should know their way round your kitchen from the photo's, so no need to get up early to make the breakfast :p

well, I know you and Barrymoir from another photo site but I do know two people personally. I live with Chuckles and we both know Fangman as we attend the came camera club :)

GFK....Don't you think that the internet gives some people the freedom to behave towards others in a bad way? I am sure that people hide behind the internet and become a Jeckyll and Hyde character. They say things on the internet that I am sure they would never say to another person's face....makes you think dunnit?

On a flip side, there are some people who don't have the social confidence to meet face to face & probably love the Net for it's anonymity.

Some people become what I describe them as 'Keyboard Warriors'. They become very brave and forthright when behind a screen, but in person are totally different.

I suppose I am quite guilty of that alot. Behind this monitor I'm suave, sophisticated, funny, charming, attractive, and quite frankly, a bit of a hunk.

In person, I'm an extremely shy lumpy lardass :D

Behind the monitor, I can be outspoken when arguing, yet in person, you could ask me for my permission to steal all my belongings and pillage my chattels, and I'd probably say yes for lack of confidence...

I don't say anything on the internet that I wouldn't say to someone's face tbh. In person I'm actually a very shy gal but, very outspoken at the same time when need be. Hope that makes sense. :ponders:

jules

I've never met any of you, unless it was unknowingly.

I'm quite up for another meet, but can we have it a bit further south?

It's warmer, I can understand what people are saying and I wont have to drink bitter. ;)

How about the lovely city of Bath? It has plenty to see and do? LOL!

All I've got to do then is fall out of Bed!

Gandhi said:
How about the lovely city of Bath? It has plenty to see and do? LOL!!

And nowhere to park as i remember it :)

As to knowing online people... well you get an impression of what people are like here but it is mostly considered comment you are judging on. Thats how come forum sites don't fall apart (well not too often) - people think about what they are going to say and read it through after they have typed it :suspect1:

In the early days of my internet experience I did the IRC thing - relay chat. Typing and thinking fast - mistakes and all. Arguments and upsets abounded but you felt like you really knew people. Two of them in my 'room' left their partners to meet up in RL and have an affair! (no, one was not me :) )
I still exchange the occaisional message with people I 'met' in the early 90's.

Life is much calmer now... Forums will do me fine. IRC still exists and there is chat but its primary function now is the frontline for piracy distribution.

i havent met any of you in person, though i know a lot of you, most of you are here as a result of me whoring myslef on the POTN, AVF, OC, DCmag, DPmag, MEG etc etc

Anyone find us through a search engine yet??

Back