Another example of PT Assembler

Edit My Images
Yes
I was trying to get a shot of this medieval church in Bohinj, Slovenia.
The problem was I couldn't get any further back without being in the lake.
So it had to be a pano.
This is a 6 shot pano ..... 3 in the top layer and 3 in the bottom.
Apologies for the scaffolding.
A phugging big version can be found here.
http://www.pbase.com/lamlash/image/68318021/original

large.jpg

I'm still hooked on this app too. Been sorting other shots to join together - even ones that were not deliberately shot for assembling...and it seems to be working with those too :)

OK Cameron!

What components do you need to get this PT thing to work? I see there are several components to the tools suite.

I might have to give it a go!

OK Cameron!

What components do you need to get this PT thing to work? I see there are several components to the tools suite.

I might have to give it a go!

It's a while since I installed it but, if memory serves, along with PTAssember you need Enblend and Autopan.
Run the PTAssembler setup.exe to install.
When installed tell PTAssembler how to find Autopan and Enblend.

RobertP has recently installed PTAssembler and will be more up to speed.

A link to the necessary files can be found at the bottom of this page.
http://www.tawbaware.com/ptasmblr.htm

More or less just that :)

You download and install PTAssembler - which will run as it is but when you try and use it you get error messages if you have not downloaded 2 other programs as well and 'found' them for the program on the plugins tab in preferences. One plugin is called autopano and for the other you can use either something called enblend OR a different one called smartblend. These plugins can be anywhere on your drive - you just browse to them in the preferences plugin page so the program has the path to them.

Then it will work on 'auto create' where you just sit back and wait. Part way in some boxes pop up asking for filenames for output etc. - I just hit enter.

The help wizard if you don't close it sits over these query boxes (if you don't close it) and stops you having a clue as to what is going on.
I can only tell the program has finished once all the command windows have closed. Seems to take a while to release the memory as my system is slow for a few minutes afterwards! Pretty good results for free stuff anyway.

Back