Another Glencoe set

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Yep its another Glencoe thread :)
I took a couple of days off and headed to Glencoe although it wasn't without a couple of disasters on the way, anyway here we go.

Snow approaches the Three Sisters.
Glencoe 08.11 The Three Sisters by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Black Rock Cottage. I liked this setting as some colours were still on the trees and without the mountain in the backround.
Glencoe 09.11 Black Rock Cottage by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr
So I decided to get a picture of a lonely tree over there in the middle of nowhere, which included a few tumbles and wet feet, damn there was some deep water holes. Again the sky didn't really play but the subtle bluey / grey colours in the sky makes this for me.
Glencoe 09.11 by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr
and lastly my take on the hut.
Glencoe 09.11 Lagangarbh Hut by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Any critique good or bad is welcome.

Nice set. #2 would make a good crimbo card ... last one is gorgeous - what a sense of scale it gives.

i think they sheiling by the burn is the best
do you actually live near the 'Coe?..used to be my favourite motorbike section from falkirk to fort william for a days ride out
cheers
geof

:agree:
A lovely set, as different scenes I find it difficult to split them as they are all excellent in there own right. Love the cottage. Snow, cottage and the last leaves of Autumn, a really great set that I keep going back and forth through (y)

I like them all. The lone tree is a superb shot, well done. Personally I think the interest in the first shot lies in the upper portion of the frame and the foreground rock bottom left does not add much.

Nice set. #2 would make a good crimbo card ... last one is gorgeous - what a sense of scale it gives.
Thanks Paul, I think the good lady has already earmarked No.2 for a card :)

The tree for me. Minimalist without being too minimalist and there's some great subtle textures in the sky and the bits of mountains hiding among to cloud.
Cheers Jan.

i think they sheiling by the burn is the best
do you actually live near the 'Coe?..used to be my favourite motorbike section from falkirk to fort william for a days ride out
cheers
geof
Cheers Geof, Its a cracking bit of road to drive along but a shame the camera vans seem to hide along it too.

Awesome set Paul. annoyed I missed it but will have to get up there soon.
Cheers Richie, It was nice to have a dusting of snow but the low cloud was a bit of a pain.

Same here must make a trip soon .....Great set
I'm sure your enjoy it Adrian.

Its good the snow is down. I like the cottage shot. Re the last I'd crop it in such a way that corner of sky isn't poking through.
Cheers Steve, will have another look at the last one. It was nice to have a small amount of snow but very little water in the rivers at the moment.

:agree:
A lovely set, as different scenes I find it difficult to split them as they are all excellent in there own right. Love the cottage. Snow, cottage and the last leaves of Autumn, a really great set that I keep going back and forth through (y)
Cheers Steve, appreciate the comments.

I like them all. The lone tree is a superb shot, well done. Personally I think the interest in the first shot lies in the upper portion of the frame and the foreground rock bottom left does not add much.
Thanks Craig, again appreciate the comments.

Nice set, seeing all the autumn colours I like the contrast of the bleak white snow.

Lobe the splash of red in the cottage shot, agree re 3, crop out the corner of sky, but it works for a sense of scale.
Thanks Alan, will have to rethink the shot again in a couple of weeks when I'm back up there.

Back