Another go at photographing Mars

Such a pain trying to get much detail of celestial objects.

I've had some very successful moon pics using Nikon D750/D7200 and a Sigma 150-600mm C and following this my GF purchased a Celestron 5SE.

She's up at Dunkeld as we speak with her telescope and my D7200 with T-Ring etc. It's kinda a watch this space but hoping to get some great astro images over the winter using combinations of our equipment depending on circumstances.

Cheers,
Dougie.

Such a pain trying to get much detail of celestial objects.

I've had some very successful moon pics using Nikon D750/D7200 and a Sigma 150-600mm C and following this my GF purchased a Celestron 5SE.

She's up at Dunkeld as we speak with her telescope and my D7200 with T-Ring etc. It's kinda a watch this space but hoping to get some great astro images over the winter using combinations of our equipment depending on circumstances.

Cheers,
Dougie.

that sounds like a good set up you have between you :)

I took that Mars picture on a Tamron 70-300mm with a 2x teleconverter, not the best of equipment to use for that, but did get a good result, I need to invest in a proper telescope for this sort of thing :)

Been a bit of pain mid-late summer. We are normally the south side of Glasgow and cloud's aren't so good right now.

Looking forward to the earlier night camera and scope pics.

Dougie.

I've got a 6SE and bought a T-ring for Nikon F mount so I hope at some point to give that a try too. I'll be interested to see your results with the combination.

Beware the slippery slope that astro can become!!!
I’ll have to treat it like I do amateur radio, just get enough kit to do the job.

The key question is... Reflector or Refractor telescope?

Have a look at Swag and Jan's posts (sorry, can't remember their full log-ins) and see what they use (although Swag's set up is semi permanent rather than portable.)

Astrobiscuit on YouTube is well worth watching as well. Gives you a good idea of what you can do with the minimum of kit.

Back