Another Greenfinch

Edit My Images
No
Different colouring

They look good in flight - but they are quite solid finches

Greenfinch_Flickr_2aX.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely detail on that Bill, great pose and nice oof b/g.
wonder if it can take a touch more contrast, but that's probably personal taste (y)

Lovely detail on that Bill, great pose and nice oof b/g.
wonder if it can take a touch more contrast, but that's probably personal taste (y)

Thanks Gavin the (strong) sun was in the wrong place, (always an excuse with bird photography), or I was - coming from overhead to the right slightly ..... which pushed part of the bird into shadow ...... I managed to "correct" part of the image

This is what PS (Auto contrast) would probably say ..... but I found it a little too much

the bird was a very light grey in the sun

It is quite worrying as I have only seen (these) two - (this and the one on the other thread) this year - usually see a "flock(s)"

Greenfinch_Flickr_2a_2X.jpg

But the sun/light today really brought some beautiful colours in the bird - a bit bright but different

Greenfinch_RedX.jpg

Last edited:
what I have noticed with posting images on here is as follows

1) If the image is on a link to another site ....... and you amend the image whist keeping the same name ........ the amended image does not show and this site keeps the original image in the thread............ it does not go back to the link everytime it needs the image for posting ....... the site must retain a copy of the image from the first link and use that .... always?

2). If to get around this, you edit your original posting and delete the first image ........ if you then replace that with the amended image but with the same name ..... it does not show ........... no image shows even though it is there, (and you can see it if you edit your posting).

3). The only way to get around this is to rename your amended image, delete the original link and insert the a new link with the new named image

Last edited:
the site must retain a copy of the image from the first link and use that .... always?
I saw a post from one of the mods on this, and think yes, it does store a local copy to avoid proxy issues/restrictions (something like that).

As for the image, I find the more-contrasty option more vivid, but can see it's increased the shadows, so I know why you've done it how you have in the original. (y)

A lovely shot Bill with a clean and complementary b/g.

Back