Another Herringfleet + new image added

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
I've been very reluctant to post this evening image of Herringfleet, taken in April, mainly because I've really struggled to process it in a way that it looked when I took the photo.
Compositionally, I feel it's OK but would appreciate some constructive crit.

Thanks all.

Herringfleet by Neil.A., on Flickr

Last edited:
Crop a touch of the bottom for me. A B&W conversion might look nice especially if you can accentuate the cloud.

I too would take a small amount off the bittom, but I like the colours and light just as it is.

It's a lovely shot.

Valid point by Geoff. re. what appeals. I'd go somewhere between the original shot and Geoff's de-saturation level but wouldn't apply that to the sky..the sky is fine as it is. Agree that a tad off the bottom would help accentuate the windmill. The idea of B&W is another worthy consideration (Donna). I'd do a virtual copy and have a B&W version as well.

Stunning quality image! The light is fantastic!!

I like it as it is, I wouldn't cut back on saturation or crop it ... the light is great for the subject :)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, you've been most helpful.
I'll have another go at this tomorrow morning, taking into account all of the above.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
On my monitor it's perhaps slightly under exposed, but what I see is a wonderful scene that could be nowhere but England, and somewhere I'd love to be...that, for me, makes it a great image with any talk of crop here, less saturation there being an abject example of missing the point.

In my humble opinion of course :)

On my monitor it's perhaps slightly under exposed, but what I see is a wonderful scene that could be nowhere but England, and somewhere I'd love to be...that, for me, makes it a great image with any talk of crop here, less saturation there being an abject example of missing the point.

In my humble opinion of course :)

As always Nick, appreciate any comments.

Here's another from the same evening - just going through the few dozen shots I took back in April.
For a normally morning location, I was quite surprised how different it looked in the evening.

Herringfleet Revisit by Neil.A., on Flickr

Back