Another kid versus dog

Just think of the uproar that would have been created, had it been a fox and not a dog, the foxhunting brigade would have had a field day with it.. but as it's a dog.......

Last edited:
Reactions: ST4
2 quite odd responses

Terrible news. BBC report seems to suggest the mother left the baby with the dog alone and wasn't in the house. I can't begin to imagine how she'll live with that.

It's because, tragically, it's the second such case in a few days. All the obvious comments were made in the previous threads.
Ahh, I didn't hear about the other one.

Me neither??

Terrible news. BBC report seems to suggest the mother left the baby with the dog alone and wasn't in the house. I can't begin to imagine how she'll live with that.

JP, the report says that a man has been arrested in connection with the attack, and a source is quoted as saying the mother NEVER left the baby alone with the dog.
Am I missing something?

Oh this will be good.
brought%2Bsome%2Bfor%2Beveryone!!!.jpg

JP, the report says that a man has been arrested in connection with the attack, and a source is quoted as saying the mother NEVER left the baby alone with the dog.
Am I missing something?
As per usual with these kind of reports it is sketchy. Yes a man has been arrested, it also said the mother left the baby with the dog. Who knows? I just can't imagine to begin to think how hard it will be for her for the rest of her life that she wasn't there.

Am I missing something?
From the article linked
A family member, who did not want be identified, said the baby's mother - named locally as Maria Blacklin - was not in the house when the youngster was attacked.

The man said the baby's mother never left her son alone with the dog and she was devastated by what had happened.

I assumed that meant that she never left the baby and the dog together, but "he" (the father?) was baby sitting at the time?

The truth will out at some point no doubt.
But its a tragedy none the less :(

From the article linked
A family member, who did not want be identified, said the baby's mother - named locally as Maria Blacklin - was not in the house when the youngster was attacked.

The man said the baby's mother never left her son alone with the dog and she was devastated by what had happened.

I assumed that meant that she never left the baby and the dog together, but "he" (the father?) was baby sitting at the time?

The truth will out at some point no doubt.
But its a tragedy none the less :(

That's what I read too.

nothing like selective statistics to make a hysterical case

Since 2005, 22 people have been killed by dogs in the UK, 12 of them children, according to the Office for National Statistics.

I can hear the anti dog brigade frothing at the mouth already "OMG they are so dangerous they should be banned" :rolleyes:

in the same period since 2005, 21,327 people have been killed by motor vehicles (also according to the ONS) arround 10-15% of them being children, in the same period nearly 3000 fatalities have resulted from accidents involving curtains

sure any death is a tragedy, but if you take a dog breed bred specifically to kill small squealing things then leave it in a room alone with a small squealing thing you can't be too suprised at what results... once again the responsibility lies with the owners/parents to act responsibly in the care of their dog/infant - but hey lets blame the dog because that's easier than expecting people to take responsibility for their actions

Motor vehicles are necessary, dogs very often aren't.

But I agree, keeping child supervised whilst in company of dog is a good place to start.
A lot of people don't think that private motor vehicles are necessary for them, and that having a dog is, or at least that it improves the quality of their lives.
The same can be said of private aircraft, guns and a lot of other things.

The big difference is, there are controls in place on things like motor cars, aircraft and guns but anyone can have a dog and anyone can be a parent, with no knowledge, licence, training or common sense required.

Back