Another new Collembola for me :)

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot with Venus 60mm + 1.4x TC + 36mm tube + Flash diffused

Flash batteries were dying so some hefty recovery in PP.... Need to work out a focus lighting setup or use the LED panel.

An help with ID appreciated.

1. Isotomurus maculatus ????

IMG_3726
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_3728
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_3722
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_3703
by bthomas124, on Flickr

5. Springy playing Earthworm Jim :D

IMG_3724
by bthomas124, on Flickr

6. One from the MP-E yesterday Sorted lighting @T0p cat

IMG_3669
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

Last edited:
Some more good shots Bryn, with some fine detail.(y)

George.

Very nice set - do like the worm shot (y) Nice light with the MPE - what are you using at the mo ?

This set was with Venus so is just a Polaroid Octobox...

For the MP-E still currently original though coking filter set arrived and i40 so am going to try make that FMMB how did you stop the square module from rotating?

Last edited:
Number 3 Tomocerus minor i believe. He is under exposed a bit if you fix it you should see some wonderful colours. :sneaky: All great shots though number 4 being my fav. The last shot is great for lighting it just needs a slight colour boost he doesn't look very healthy.

Number 3 Tomocerus minor i believe. He is under exposed a bit if you fix it you should see some wonderful colours. :sneaky: All great shots though number 4 being my fav. The last shot is great for lighting it just needs a slight colour boost he doesn't look very healthy.

Not T minor the tapered antenna means it's Pogonognathellus flavescens :p

I don't mess with colours yet other than WB will give it a go though. I know you like them all bright and illuminous :D

Excellent shots Bryn like the way the earthworm shows the scale with the little springtail
Lighting looks spot on too my favourite is the last one like the face on angle :)

Excellent shots Bryn like the way the earthworm shows the scale with the little springtail
Lighting looks spot on too my favourite is the last one like the face on angle :)

Thanks Pete much appreciated.

Really great set Bryn. Did you get confirmation of ID?

I really like the worm shot too, reminds me of a scene from Dune. Looks to be an interesting worm with the coloured banding like that!

Back