Another Newcastle Quayside pic

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
This was my first time out with my new 6D and 16-35 f/4L, bit of a cliched scene but me and the 8 year old had fun out playing with our cameras. Liking the potential of this lens.. Cheers Graeme
24735082240_efb0283606_h.jpg

Last edited:
You would get more feedback if you post the pic here. Lots of folk wont click on links.

Last edited:
Apols, was doing from phone and got it wrong..

Looks great. Love the blue hour. Funnily I feel like I've shot every angle the quayside has to offer but don't remember shooting from Tyne bridge.

Thanks everyone, the feedback is really appreciated. Yeh it's the 1st time I've shot from the Tyne Bridge, luckily it was the boy's choice where we went (he'll go far!) or we'd have been shooting the Millennium Bridge. Again...

Great shot. What kit and settings did you use?

Great shot. What kit and settings did you use?
Thanks. Canon 6D, EF 16-35 f/4L at f/8, 3.2s exposure at ISO 400, raw, with a bit of a tidy up in Lightroom 4. First trip out with the new kit so really pleased with it.

I absolutely love the colours on this one, really separates it from the other tyne pics i've seen.

Lovely shot - possibly, and only taste (not a criticism!!) - possibly the sky's a little on the blue side for me but the water is good and I like the composition.

On a separate note I'm not sure I'd ever take a photograph from that bridge - far too high up and when I walked across it I spent all my time concentrating on reaching the other side ASAP :)

Thanks again for the feedback. Beginners luck with the new kit :)

Lovely shot - possibly, and only taste (not a criticism!!) - possibly the sky's a little on the blue side for me but the water is good and I like the composition.

Yeh I know what you mean about the blue. When looking back at the processed image I started to question had I maybe pushed the saturation too hard in LR but on re-checking it's not been moved from zero at all. As for the Tyne Bridge as a location, yeh it's a bit scary, and even more so when accompanied by an 8 year old snapper intent on every angle possible!

I like that it looks good to me.

Thanks again everyone, really appreciated.

A very successful image, just the right amount of cloud in the sky.

Nicely done, good use of the blue hour to accentuate the other colours.

Back