Beginner Another one from my first outing

Edit My Images
Yes
This is what I went for, and hats of to those that do BIF, so this was/is a first attempt, should really know what it is but I must be honest, I’ve no idea ?

I did find catching anything in the air really hard, but I’m 60% happy with this.

Untitled by Wayne Scott, on Flickr

For a first go, that's top drawer. Sharp with good detail and some nice light, excellent work. Being picky, I'd say it's heading slightly away from you but I'd be more than 60% happy if this were mine.

It's a heron and you did well, good shot (and good crop ? Your Flickr is private so can't see the image at its best).

Hi, thank you, I’ve changed it to public now, sorry my mistake, it is cropped but not a lot.
For a first go, that's top drawer. Sharp with good detail and some nice light, excellent work. Being picky, I'd say it's heading slightly away from you but I'd be more than 60% happy if this were mine.

Yes popped out behind trees, so if the others are slightly more side on but it a lot.

Last edited:
An excellent first attempt. I'd never have known it had you not mentioned it.Looks more like you're an old hand at it. Well done. (y)

An excellent first attempt. I'd never have known it had you not mentioned it.Looks more like you're an old hand at it. Well done. (y)
Thank you John, really appreciate it

It would be hard to better this .
Rob.

When I was a 'Beginner' I had my Mum's Kodak Brownie 'Hawkeye' 120 Box Camera and I took a Vulcan Bomber moving in flight at the Farnborough Air Show -- no Telephoto Lenses THEN !!
Farnborough Air Show 1952 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Back