Another RIAT post - Friday & Saturday

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Had a cracking few days at Fairford. Shame about the weather/light on Saturday but a great day nonetheless. The first six were taken with the Nikon 200-500, really impressed with how it performed.

Resting Raptor by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

A400 by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Chinook by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Belgian Viper by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Raptor by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

F-35 by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

F-35 Hover by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Raptor Vapour by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Bravo. So, could you tell those of us who have never been and are thinking of going, how one of the days went from start to finish? Fingers crossed!

Yes, nice set. The fluffy Raptor is my pick.

Bravo. So, could you tell those of us who have never been and are thinking of going, how one of the days went from start to finish? Fingers crossed!

Basically it's a case of getting there as early as possible (we left the hotel on Saturday at 8:00 and it took 2 1/2 hours to do a 30 minute trip), some people are queuing from around 6am to be one of the first in and to guarantee a place at the front.

At RIAT the flying started at 10am and was non-stop until 5:30. There's plenty of other stuff to see and do, static aircraft, stalls and attractions but I tend to get my spot and stick with it. Food is a rip off so a picnic is the way forward. We left early on Saturday as it was a 4 hour drive home and so I took the last shot from the car park.

Nice set, something I've been meaning to try for a while but either forget about the shows or working.

Great series of shots.

Back