Another (scruffy) Bluetit and a Goldie.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
Some spare time on my hands today saw me return to my hide for a while. It was quite busy, chaffinches seem to be the in species at the moment but the goldfinches are still out there too. The bluetit has now brought a friend with it, so now there are 2 visiting.

The bluetit image is with a wooden, slated fence behind it and it came out better than I thought as a background but I think it needs some green or camo scree.

Bluetit. by Dale, on Flickr

Goldfinch. by Dale, on Flickr

Last edited:
The blue tit is nice enough, much better than the last one, but the goldie is just much nicer, with the colours, perch and head angle

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I'm working on the background from that angle the blue tit was at, it's a new hatch and hadn't really thought about that angle from it as it is quite side on but I think it could work with a few tweaks.

The goldie has grown on me, when I processed the 2 shots, it was the bluetit that I liked the most but I think there was some sentiment in that as well, wanting to do better than the last one.

The pose of the goldie makes it I think, it is really showing off. They know I'm there, about 10 feet away now and they just carry on regardless, a far cry from how jittery they were towards the end of summer last year.

Back