Another Swan

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Wasn't sure whether this should go in birds or landscapes.... Well its mainly bird so here we are. :shrug:

Swan-on-canal1.jpg

C & C and editing welcome

Cheers

Andy

Actually - proportionally it's mainly landscape. :D

But it's a beautiful shot, lovely colours. you could maybe introduce some fill light onto the swan though. It's a tad dark/ But all in all I like it.

Last edited:
Lovely shot, but I would have to agree with aberal about it being a landscape.

You have caught the scene very well - lovely tones and silhouette's - in which the swan is a bonus.

A tad of fill light on the swan would be really nice

Thanks guys, your both right of course on both counts. I'll have a little tinker tonight and adjust as necessary.

Cheers

Andy

The top (from above the swan's head and up) would have worked as a landscape in its own right. The aspect ratio on this image is almost square, so there must be some more of the image which Andy has cropped. Whether the additional content leads to enhance or diminish the role of the swan is a question that Andy can address. Lightening the RGB channel's Shadows while darkening the Midtones and Highlights a tad, also brings out the swan.

Nice shot, as said abit of fill light on the swan would be good.

Very nice light, although I am unsure how to describe the small crit I have....:thinking:

Basically, the swan neck reflection, has a jagged / stepped edge and tree on the left has some almost invisible flair or ghosting. I would darken this tree to get rid of the cloud of light.

Back