Another trip to YWP.

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
I do like the two lemur shots but the backgrounds with the money and lemurs are really too distracting

stan

I do like the two lemur shots but the backgrounds with the money and lemurs are really too distracting

stan
Thanks. I'm surprised you find the background to the lemurs distracting as there's not a lot in the background. Did you mean meerkats by any chance?

Lovely set - I really like the #1 and #5 - but overall I think the first lemur is the ick of the bunch for me. Quite difficult to get an 'interesting' lemur shot imo and I think your shot really shows some character.

Lovely set - I really like the #1 and #5 - but overall I think the first lemur is the ick of the bunch for me. Quite difficult to get an 'interesting' lemur shot imo and I think your shot really shows some character.
Thank you :)

DSC_6514
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Edit Seems oversharpened on here but looks OK on Flickr imo.

Last edited:
Amazing photos! Especially the last one (10) with a family of small funny creatures.
(I prefer cats in color...)

Amazing photos! Especially the last one (10) with a family of small funny creatures.
(I prefer cats in color...)

Great moments superbly rendered…
You must be doing something right, I think! (y)

good set, man you post alot e
Thanks Neil (y) I reckon I've only posted around 10 sets of images all year, not sure I'd call that a lot :p :D

Fantastic shots. #1 & #8 are my favs.

I went a few years ago but it was long before I knew about the wonders of PS LR.

Seeing your shots prompted me to have a look back through my images to see if there was anything decent that i could salvage, but sadly not, I didn't even shoot in RAW back then and had no idea about composition. :(

Fantastic shots. #1 & #8 are my favs.

I went a few years ago but it was long before I knew about the wonders of PS LR.

Seeing your shots prompted me to have a look back through my images to see if there was anything decent that i could salvage, but sadly not, I didn't even shoot in RAW back then and had no idea about composition. :(
Thanks very much :)

That's why I shoot RAW so that it makes up for my photographic inadequacies by being able to salvage shots ;)

Good excuse for you to go back though (y). With wildlife, even captive, there is an element of 'luck' and it's a case of right place right time. You can wait all day at an enclosure and still not have a good photo opportunity.

Thanks very much :)

That's why I shoot RAW so that it makes up for my photographic inadequacies by being able to salvage shots ;)

Good excuse for you to go back though (y). With wildlife, even captive, there is an element of 'luck' and it's a case of right place right time. You can wait all day at an enclosure and still not have a good photo opportunity.

Definitely need a trip back and completely agree about luck playing a part. The Tiger was hiding the whole day when I was there which is the animal we all wanted to see the most, didn't get a single pic. :(

Went down to Woburn the other month which I would suggest doing if you haven't. Had some great opportunities but my limited skills of shooting through car windows meant they didn't come out overly great..

I've had a go at rescuing a couple of shots from my YWP trip just to see how they would come out. Thank god for the crop tool is all I can say..

Still reading through the rules and noob sections (only joined today) so not sure of correct etiquette yet. Eg is it acceptable to share within this thread displaying your collection once I am at the required level to upload?

Definitely need a trip back and completely agree about luck playing a part. The Tiger was hiding the whole day when I was there which is the animal we all wanted to see the most, didn't get a single pic. :(

Went down to Woburn the other month which I would suggest doing if you haven't. Had some great opportunities but my limited skills of shooting through car windows meant they didn't come out overly great..

I've had a go at rescuing a couple of shots from my YWP trip just to see how they would come out. Thank god for the crop tool is all I can say..

Still reading through the rules and noob sections (only joined today) so not sure of correct etiquette yet. Eg is it acceptable to share within this thread displaying your collection once I am at the required level to upload?
You'd be better starting your own thread.

You'd be better starting your own thread.

Ah right. Tks for the advice. Will certainly give that a miss then. They certainly dont warrent their own thread and i'm not after any feedback really as I already know they are bad, was more along the lines of "your pics are really good, I've also been to YWP, here are my 'best' shots". Cheers.

I always head to the Tiger's first thing, it's generally when they're most active. Yep crop tool is very useful, even shooting with a 600mm lens. Thank god for high MP cameras too to allow the cropping ;)

Back