Another try....

I find the LH side of the image very busy. Beautiful model and very cleverly posed so that her face and hair is encased in the muted colour. Unfortunately, the muted colour extends into the tree which becomes dominant in the image to me. Perhaps one or two steps to the right and a retake would have removed the tree, yet maintaining priority on the model and the outfit. A quick blip of light into the eyes from this location would also lift them from the darkness. Certainly worth a retry.

Yep, agree with Paul's comments. This shot kinda looks like you were snapping away at someone elses shoot! The outfit blends too well with the background sky, tree trunk and branches. The eyes and face are too much in shadow and the "up the nostril" look isn't too flattering either. The model is a bit too tight the frame and the image is left feeling awkward. A less cluttered background and better lighting and I'm sure the model and outfit could have looked stunning. Sorry but you did ask!

PS: whats with the Director/Designer watermark? Director of what? Designer of what? Sorry but looks a little pretentious to me?

I have to agree with the above- it looks like you stole a shot whilst the real, photographer had the eye contact image as she appears to be looking at another camera- if that makes any sense?

The eyes are far too dark and the BG a little too busy for my taste

Designer and Director of what exactly????

Les

PS: whats with the Director/Designer watermark? Director of what? Designer of what? Sorry but looks a little pretentious to me?

Designer and Director of what exactly????

Les

I assume he's crediting the designer of the clothes, and the makeup artist.. and the director of the shoot. All very common in editorial fashion shoots. However.... that's something that would be in the printed magazine, or published images online, and not something you'd put on the image itself for your own folio.

Why is it not lit? You can't shoot up into the sky, with a model under a massive wide brimmed hat and expect that to work. She's in deep shadow, and it looks terrible. That background is distracting too... that whacking great tree trunk is just awkward... could you not find an angle with just lighter branches filling the frame? It dominates the shot.

If you have any aspirations toward fashion photography, you need to learn how to light stuff. I agree with Les.. looks like you took some snapshots during someone else's photoshoot somehow.

Back