Ants farming aphids

I was over reaching as it was, leaning right over the very next photo was nearly a close-up of the middle of the rose bush!

I found, in the last few days, after frustration with lighting and bugs in hard to reach places that my biggest nemesis is a sudden gust of wind or breeze. You've just nailed the right composition. Focus is wavering in and out of the sweet spot. Arms are beginning to ache. You go to gently squeeze the shutter.. and ... Woosh! The damn wind.blows everything out of kilter and the bug flies away.

Last edited:
I was over reaching as it was, leaning right over the very next photo was nearly a close-up of the middle of the rose bush!

I found, in the last few days, after frustration with lighting and bugs in hard to reach places that my biggest nemesis is a sudden gust of wind or breeze. You've just nailed the right composition. Focus is wavering in and out of the sweet spot. Arms are beginning to ache. You go to gently squeeze the shutter.. and ... Woosh! The damn wind.blows everything out of kilter and the bug flies away.

This sounds all too familiar!

Back