any canon users please can i ask a favour

Edit My Images
Yes
If you have a mac of any sortcould you please put a raw canon file into the Photos app and tell me if after opening it it changes to a magenta type hue.

I had the apple support on phone for 90 mins trying to sus out why but if you google it there are loads of canon users that have the same problem,he said hes going to look into it and get back to me,he was sharing on my mac trying different thingss but no joy :)

It works fine for me with raws from my 5D mk4 on a Macbook Air M1 running Big Sur. It sounds like Photos does not yet support the raw files from your camera, if the thumbnails show correctly then its probably just using the jpg thats embedded in the raw file. The magenta colour is typical when a raw Canon file is unsupported on any computer. You should see if the raw format for your camera is supported by going to the apple symbol top left then about this Mac, then system report, scroll down to software and you should see Raw support, click there to see if your camera is listed. I'm new to Macs so hope that makes sense.

It works fine for me with raws from my 5D mk4 on a Macbook Air M1 running Big Sur. It sounds like Photos does not yet support the raw files from your camera, if the thumbnails show correctly then its probably just using the jpg thats embedded in the raw file. The magenta colour is typical when a raw Canon file is unsupported on any computer. You should see if the raw format for your camera is supported by going to the apple symbol top left then about this Mac, then system report, scroll down to software and you should see Raw support, click there to see if your camera is listed. I'm new to Macs so hope that makes sense.
yes its supported Adrian,thats what was getting to be frustrating

I have a Macbook Pro 2015 model - with Big Sur - no magenta cast when I put a RAW into photos. (I never use it mind you)

Back