Any experience of 'Tile' (or similar) Bluetooth key finders?

Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
We've just had our second episode in two months of losing a car key and being on the verge of forking out for an expensive new one before it turned up in an unexpected place. So I'm thinking of buying some 'Tile' (or similar) Bluetooth widgets to hopefully make them a bit harder to lose.

Dopes anybody here have any practical experience of 'Tile' (or similar)? Would you recommend? Any particular features to look out for when deciding which to buy?

Thanks for your help.

I have used tiles in the past, they seem to do the job well. Only downside is the batteries die after about a year and sods law states that you lose your keys sometime between the battery going flat and getting round to buying a replacement.

I have used tiles in the past, they seem to do the job well. Only downside is the batteries die after about a year and sods law states that you lose your keys sometime between the battery going flat and getting round to buying a replacement.

As above, the Mrs has a tile on her keys as she often mislays them (how I don't know, there's about 4 keyrings joined together). It does what it's meant to, haven't had to replace the battery yet.

I have been using Tile for a while since an incident with lost house keys at the end of a dog walk.

Tile works well but the app UI can be a bit clunky and the tones sound like they are from a toddlers electronic game. They don’t give you exact GPS location but ~50 metre radius so certainly close enough to help focus your search. When in range you can make it ‘ring’ and then search based on the sound.

Some Tiles have replaceable batteries and some are disposable (not a fan of the latter).

The Tile crowd search is completely invisible as far as I am aware, as opposed to TrackR which told you the number of lost things you had helped find (but obviously not whose or where they were for privacy reasons).

TrackR is the only other one I am familiar with but it’s not that popular in the UK so the crowd search part will be sparse. TrackR is popular in USA though. Battery life much better on Tile than TrackR.

If you are a member of CostCo, they periodically have deals on Tiles cheaper than Amazon.

Back