Any French living TP people here?

Edit My Images
No
Hello there

I am coming to france over easter, likely to stay North/north west region, can you recommend any places to stay and great locations for shooting?

Sara

Le Bob Du Canon now resides over there :)

Honfleur is nice(y)

Weird, thats the one place I have been told to go to already, I have a friend who went last year! So fab you say its good too! Iv been told the Etap hotel is cheap and well located, do you happen to know?

thanks!(y)

Yes, the etap hotel is close to the old port and the old part of town, both of which are good for photos, and the Pont de Normandie is not far away.
Try google for images of Honfleur and the location of the hotel.
If you want to go at Easter it would be wise to book asap as loads of Parisians go there for the seafood.:puke:

Landing beaches, cemetery's, gun emplacements, lots of thing's to photograph between Le Havre and Cherbourg. All very sobering though, at least I found it so.

I've stayed here a couple of times, great place and not too far from the beaches etc,

Yes, the etap hotel is close to the old port and the old part of town, both of which are good for photos, and the Pont de Normandie is not far away.
Try google for images of Honfleur and the location of the hotel.
If you want to go at Easter it would be wise to book asap as loads of Parisians go there for the seafood.:puke:

Cool, thanks! Yer, going to get booked up this weekend , yay!!! Are you local to there?

I've stayed here a couple of times, great place and not too far from the beaches etc,

What Honfleur? Can u recommend ahotel/ B&B? so far im going to the Etap...

Landing beaches, cemetery's, gun emplacements, lots of thing's to photograph between Le Havre and Cherbourg. All very sobering though, at least I found it so.

Thanks (y)

I have not been for years, but recall going with the parents to Brittanny and also the Loire valley.

I remember the Chateaux in the Loire and Carnac Alignments in Normandy (I think), so can recomend them. I also recall Mont Saint Michel as pretty spectacular, it was the only place I bought a picture and got an A4 size postcard of it lit up at night.......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...Michel-Normandy-France-One-minute-wonder.html

or something close...

Le Bob Du Canon now resides over there :)

Indeed he does....and loving every minute of it. Out for a bit of sight seeing and a picnic on the Loire today...wall to wall sunshine and 28 degrees.

Sara, give me a clue what you're looking for and I'll see what might fit. I'm in the Vienne...an hour south of the Loire, an hour and a bit north of the Dordogne and 93 million miles below the sun.

Bob

Indeed he does....and loving every minute of it. Out for a bit of sight seeing and a picnic on the Loire today...wall to wall sunshine and 28 degrees.

Sara, give me a clue what you're looking for and I'll see what might fit. I'm in the Vienne...an hour south of the Loire, an hour and a bit north of the Dordogne and 93 million miles below the sun.

Bob

Ah, Bonjour! Sorry for slow response, been sunning all weekend, neglecting TP!:bonk:

Well, Im looking to stay North/North west, I need to get a map tomorrow too see where all the places are you mentioned !Im guessing they are all further down though?

Thanks

Sara

I have not been for years, but recall going with the parents to Brittanny and also the Loire valley.

I remember the Chateaux in the Loire and Carnac Alignments in Normandy (I think), so can recomend them. I also recall Mont Saint Michel as pretty spectacular, it was the only place I bought a picture and got an A4 size postcard of it lit up at night.......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...Michel-Normandy-France-One-minute-wonder.html

or something close...

Thanks, great link! (y)

if you get up into Brittany

visit the town La Roche Bernard on the coast

Thursday is Market day ...a toggers dream

And if you're feeling brave, take a walk across the Pont de Normandie here :eek:

I spend a lot of time in Normandy (my parents have a house near Bayeaux) and to be honest North-West France has so much to see.

You have the Norman Castles, Churches and Towns such as Bayeaux, Caen, Falaise, Mont St Michel.

The Normandy Battlesites - BEeaches, Cemetries and a few other key locations.

The countryside itself is lovely and very idyllic - especially Normandy.

The coastal scenes - Brittany in particular shines hear.

The small villages and old towns.

Basically Brittany, Normandy, it doesn't matter. Just pick a few places and leave yourself open to explore.

Plus like Devon/Cornwall - there is just something about the light near the coast there. It is definitely a boon for photographers.

Coast on BBC2 now is in northwern france, may give you inspiration.

At the Carnac Alignments ATM.

Last edited:
Back