Any Price The Image ...

HaHa .... I don't mind getting myself wet but not the camera. :D

Excellent shot.

:LOL:
Any Price The Image ...

HaHa .... I don't mind getting myself wet but not the camera. :D

Excellent shot.

thank you.

Not brave, stupid, its the coastguard and RNLI who have to put their lives at risk pulling these d******ds out of the water when it goes tits up.

Agree with your sentiment. ‘Braver’ , dripping with sarcasm on my part.

Well captured Dale,
It's a brilliant shot.

thanks Bob, it was a belting afternoon.

So where were you standing to yet the shot?

Good shot.

A leisure centre car park, all safe and sound.

thanks.

I shot the same scene last week and there was two cars pulled up the same spot. You got a much tighter shot than me and better waves so only a bit jealous. The car works in this one especially with the extra story created by the girl taking a photo. Nice shot

I shot the same scene last week and there was two cars pulled up the same spot. You got a much tighter shot than me and better waves so only a bit jealous. The car works in this one especially with the extra story created by the girl taking a photo. Nice shot

Long lens for this one. The sea wall and car park we were in were a very handy and safe spot to be. Can’t wait for the next storm.

Ignoring the bloody stupidity of messing with the sea, her car is going to rust like mad for the next few months. Looks like an expensive selfie.

and it’s silver, the rust will show sooner.

“Excellent” well timed shot.

George.

I’d love to get some decent seascape storm shots, but I can’t risk my gear getting messed up with salt water. But every time I hear a storm coming I get an incredible itch.
A carrier bag, elastic band and wireless trigger is my default. I make a hole in the carrier bag small enough that I have to stretch it over the lens and secure with a band. The bag goes over the camera after I have composed etc and then I shoot with a wireless trigger. It is one of the few types of photography where I use a screw in filter so I can wipe the lens often and not worry about the front element. Scratch the itch. There are plenty of places where you can get safe shots of big waves but learn a bit about tides etc and always watch the water and have an escape route

Back