Any royal python owners / breeders on here

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering if any other people on here keep royal pythons? And if they into breeding them.

I currently have the following

Females
Fire Pewter
Albino black pastel
Butter pastel het clown
Sugar

Males
Coral glow het ghost
Clown
Bamboo
Black pastel

So far been pairing my
albino black pastel x black pastel
Fire Pewter x clown

This thread needs snake pictures.
@Cobra ....step back:ROFLMAO:

Here some from phone. Not great

IMG_1487619736.131653.jpg
IMG_1487619755.788096.jpg
IMG_1487619774.303296.jpg
IMG_1487619789.356681.jpg
IMG_1487619828.369210.jpg

I know you're not asking for crit but I'd say that the first one, with a tiny bit of PP, could be very nice indeed.

This!!

I do plan to take some proper photographs of the snakes. Strange but some reason I have never combined the 2 hobbys. Maybe have a go at weekend with the light tent and see what I can do. Won't be using the albino though as she graves and don't want to mess her about to much.

I see you've said yes to editing images so I hope you don't mind, here's my take on the first one. (Sorry I seem to have derailed your post a little.)

View attachment 96273

No don't mind at all.

Hopefully at weekend I can get some decent pictures on cleaning day

Amazing animals, not sure I could ever cope with that many snakes though. I only had 3 corn snakes when I kept reptiles

Amazing animals, not sure I could ever cope with that many snakes though. I only had 3 corn snakes when I kept reptiles

Thanks

Haha lol. To be fair I started with 1 just over a year ago. In process of building a fully heated reptile room at moment that will cater for lot lot royals. And maybe a few other things when I decide

yuk
i think i would rather collect collomies of herpes
sorry but i have never understood the thing about collecting animals that have no interest in being collected they are only interested in feeding and breeding.

yuk
i think i would rather collect collomies of herpes
sorry but i have never understood the thing about collecting animals that have no interest in being collected they are only interested in feeding and breeding.

It's so easy not to read threads. There is a title to help you chose not to and everything

Nice animals op

Last edited:
:thinking:
What animals do have an interest in being collected then?

i think animals that can show some affection or have the ability to be integrated maybe.
dogs are cool, not sure about cats though, kids and hamsters are good, bunnies can be really good for kids.

but snakes and spiders not for me or lizards never understood lizards.

i think animals that can show some affection or have the ability to be integrated maybe.
dogs are cool, not sure about cats though, kids and hamsters are good, bunnies can be really good for kids.

but snakes and spiders not for me or lizards never understood lizards.
Yeah but do hamsters and bunnies have an interest in being collected? If they had self awareness and understood the concept of collection and could talk I suspect they'd rather not be.

Nice snakes! I used to keep a lot of royals amongst other reptiles.I used to do the photography for Bloodball reptiles and Paul Harris at Uk Pythons.They both have stunning collections!

My mate Baz @Bazzle brought some of his to one of the mega meets (2014) ... nice snakes, I don't keep these though, only a couple of corns, a boa and a breeding triplet of Antaresia childreni (Childrens Pythons)

No good w/o a pic ...
fb_TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-5886.jpg

Wow amazing colours and patterns. I know nothing of snakes - how big do yours get and what do the weigh? How many offspring do you get?

I met a man last year who owned a smallish alligator, maybe 4 feet long and still growing. During the event he was cuddling it the whole time and they seemed very fond and content with each other. I was amazed how friendly and laid back it was. He takes it to schools and stuff and runs a reptile shop. It was quite a privilege to meet him and his pet. It has a big heated run of its own and the chap said it is always sociable and friendly. Sometimes individual creatures turn out to be not at all what you would have expected.

Wow amazing colours and patterns. I know nothing of snakes - how big do yours get and what do the weigh? How many offspring do you get?

I met a man last year who owned a smallish alligator, maybe 4 feet long and still growing. During the event he was cuddling it the whole time and they seemed very fond and content with each other. I was amazed how friendly and laid back it was. He takes it to schools and stuff and runs a reptile shop. It was quite a privilege to meet him and his pet. It has a big heated run of its own and the chap said it is always sociable and friendly. Sometimes individual creatures turn out to be not at all what you would have expected.

Thanks

Most royals get to maybe 4 or 5 feet. Females larger than males and weight wise as well males are normally kept smaller and take longer to get big as they are prone to go on a feeding strike. Especially during breeding season. My biggest girl is just over 2kg and male 1.5kg. The bigger the better for females. More chance of a bigger clutch of eggs

They have anything between 4-12 eggs normally but friends royal just laid 16 eggs. But she is at 3.5kg!! And nearly 6 feet which is quite rare to be fair

I work in a school and take the snakes In of various size for the children during the year.

Any it supposing how many children within 15 mins of getting the snakes out go from hiding behind a adult to holding them and wanting a picture with the snake on them

I use to have quite a large collection of snakes

The best pair I had were eastern indigo snakes but were poo machines

Also had a couple of pair of green tree pythons excellent display animals

Had also which are quite hard to find now a trio of monkey tail skinks

Back