Any suggestions will be of Great help!

Name
Roshni`
Edit My Images
Yes
Prior some days back i did a photography session for my Work. I got some good shots which i published up for review where i received some negative ratings. I went for close up shots to be more precise but i think that backfired :(
So what should be the best view for capturing Nature's beauty ?

Last edited:
I agree examples are needed and also your settings might be of helpful.

Hmm that is some question...without images...... the pictures that move you stirs your soul. It's your take on nature !!

Roshni critique I don't feel should be viewed as pos or neg, It is someone elses opinion,someone offering you a chance to have a dispassionate view on what you have done where as you like me could be to emotionally attached to your own work to evaluate. So it's a learning tool.Its a two way thang though critiquing others images will also help you it makes you look hard mate and ponder.

Mate I posted something I really loved and was honestly and frankly told to bin it(by a fantastic tog whom I have incredibly deep admiration for).He wasn't trying to hurt me he was trying to help me and I know that fact!!!! At the time I felt it was almost a one off image that I would never ever get a chance of again. I was gutted mate,but had two choices be sad ,or say sod it I'm going back,with more knowledge and try to be better.

As hard as it was and it ripped me up mate( I so thought i'd nailed it),that crit lead to more than I ever dreamed of.

Use crit,,you aren't being shot down,you are just getting honest opinions,sometimes for some of us that can be hard,I guess it goes with nature lovers that we are a bit soft. But I'd lay a bet is wasn't close up shots that were precieved as neg there was more than that.

Mate we are all different I like this you like that,stick to your guns ,but listen hard to the thoughts given. Ponder them,then go back, still be you but better armed ,just try not to take it personally it isn't meant that way By the same token look real hard at what you have done through the other persons eyes.it is only an opinion they might have something maybe not,. If someone tell you its crap bin it and no reason forget 'em be you stick to your guns ,if they tell you why then I feel they have given you a gift

all the luck mate

stu

Good advice from Stu. Remember that this is a very subjective issue, there is never total agreement - look at any photographic competition and not everyone will like teh winning photo. Take images with an objective in mind and post it - you will get comments and you can filter them! If you want to improve, the comments suggesting things are more valuable than the 'nice shot'. If an image is in fous and exposed correctly then everything else is subjective. I have found that this forum provides friendly feedback in that people iwll suggest improvements without ripping it to shred. People that do that often have ulterior motives as it has no benefit to anyone except showing teh commenter is an idiot.
Keep taking photographs and post, look forward to seeing some shots!!

Hi roshni.dont worry thats just a way of learning.happend to me too.still happens.maybe show some of your photos that way people can advice you on what to correct.i wouldnt be the right one to correct you as im still learning myself.but thats what the forum is about so people can encourage and correct each other.so dont loose hope if its what you love doing youll make it.and also dont forget evry one has got a style he likes what one person might not like another might.its just about taste.

I agree examples are needed and also your settings might be of helpful.

I agree with this. Last week not one of my bird shots came out out all as heat haze, but I wish I had kept some as I could of put them up to see if anyone could have given advice. So even if the shot does not come out,then post for help and advice, that`s what I will do in future.

Back