Any vets on here

From one snake to another, stay warm, stay dry and eat plenty of rats (y)

:D

in public loos.
Always check if there is water in the tap before putting soap on your hands.

1. Maybe a good idea to provide a clue as to the nature of the problem.
2. How will you know whether free advice is from a genuine vet.
3. If cost is a problem then try PDSA.

I hope you get help.

get pet insurance
cant really afford pet insurance with 10 cats but ive got it sorted,this was for a stray I picked up that initially seemed ok,took to vets today with incident number,been hospitalised for tests etc then boarding if curable
to see if weight and health regain then rehoming centre though I have contacted RSPCA to tell them i will take her if they are happy.

I'd never let the RSPCA have any animal for rehominig, there are lots of rescue and rehoming charities that have a no kill policy, where the animal has a good chance of actually being rehomed.

im having her back,spoke to the vet and RSPCA are happy for me to have her,,
they dont know why shes not eating that well but what I thought was an eye condition caused by Hi blood pressure is just a trauma and her heart is normal.

she looks like a ragdoll cat so cant understand why no one has advertised her lost ,bit of a mystery but im continuing to try and find her owners but am wondering if for the cat it would be better not to.

I'd never let the RSPCA have any animal for rehominig, there are lots of rescue and rehoming charities that have a no kill policy, where the animal has a good chance of actually being rehomed.
We got Mistletoe from an RSPCA centre. They had been called out to a derelict site. Found a Jack Russell cowering under a bush with a smashed leg and missed a toe (hence the name). They got the big animal hospital in London (Harmsworth) to plate her leg then advertised her for rehoming. We got her. We later found out that her rescue had been filmed for Dog Rescuers. They subsequently filmed her with us as a “before and after”. Previous to that we had doubts about the RSPCA, but they did her proud.

We got Mistletoe from an RSPCA centre. They had been called out to a derelict site. Found a Jack Russell cowering under a bush with a smashed leg and missed a toe (hence the name). They got the big animal hospital in London (Harmsworth) to plate her leg then advertised her for rehoming. We got her. We later found out that her rescue had been filmed for Dog Rescuers. They subsequently filmed her with us as a “before and after”. Previous to that we had doubts about the RSPCA, but they did her proud.
I accept that they do do some good work, especially with small animals that don't cost a lot in veterinary and accommodation costs, and especially when it's a high profile cruelty case that they can use for publicity.
The publicity results in dotty old ladies leaving them their houses, and they have lots of other revenue streams too, such as the RSPCA Assured label, which farmers have to pay to belong too, and which means absolutely nothing in terms of animal welfare.

They do have a lot of well-intentioned volunteers, working for nothing in their branches, carrying out visits and raising funds for them, and they also have well-intentioned inspectors. The inspectors used to be responsible for killing most of the unwanted animals, but that was years ago and they've now cleaned up their act by sub-contracting out the killing, to create distance.

Horses are probably the ones that come off worst, they cost a lot to treat and look after, and most don't survive their 'rescue' for very long.

I used to work for them, as a volunteer branch chairman, a long time ago. I despise them.

I'm part of a small independent cat rescue and the RSPCA have not been been great in co-operation and even giving out our names (tiny tiny charity with funds tiny in comparison) rather than deal things themselves. I'm sure they do good work, but there are some serious failings in areas & as was mentioned, don't have a 'no kill policy. We don't have the resources to constantly deal with injured animals to do ask people to try them first, but it seems hit and miss on the results. If you are thinking of adopting - check out cat chat website for a list of local rescues - some rescues, like ours, also list our cats for adoption on the cat chat website. And if you want to set up a regular donation to a charity to help cats - do choose a smaller local one as you'll know the money goes direct to helping the cats, not towards anyones salary.

Us and every single rescue we know of have been overwhelmed this summer - we have been PACKED to the rafters with multiple calls for help every day and adoptions (to free up foster space, we don't have a shelter) were virtually non exsistent. The amount of kittens and pregnant strays has been ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back