South-West England CANCELLED Anybody interested in a shoot at a Falconry centre?

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I know the owner of a local Falconry centre, he has a number of birds, particularly Owls as well as falcons.

It's just off of the A 303 on the Wilts/Dorset borders.

Would anybody be interested in getting together for a shoot?

Not sure of the price, but he's a member of our photo club and he gave us a short freebie session at the end of last month, and I was impressed with the number & quality of his birds.

These are some of what I managed to get that evening. I could have done better, but I was just so excited see the birds

Barn Owl by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Watching by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Stare by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I may be interested but wouldn't be able to do anything unless a weekend or in the week 1-4 Sept

Yes, I could be interested in this. I'm on furlough so can be flexible on day/time/etc.

We shot at the end of last month and had the crop fields for a backdrop, it was a great setting.

One of the great characters he has is Scamp, an American Borrowing Owl. Never seen one before, like a Little Owl but a bit smaller. Also has a Black Kite, A Griffon Vulture, Ketrels, Barn & Tawny owls, as well as European Eagle & Great Grey owls. Also has a number of Falcons as well.

I'll get in touch and see what dates he can do and confirm prices.

It would be a bit of a trek for me from Cornwall but I'd like to know more just in case I can make it. I've never done anything like this so would be a total beginner but I'd look and learn (possibly)

We shot at the end of last month and had the crop fields for a backdrop, it was a great setting.

One of the great characters he has is Scamp, an American Borrowing Owl. Never seen one before, like a Little Owl but a bit smaller. Also has a Black Kite, A Griffon Vulture, Ketrels, Barn & Tawny owls, as well as European Eagle & Great Grey owls. Also has a number of Falcons as well.

I'll get in touch and see what dates he can do and confirm prices.

Sounds like a good day out- I would be interested

Les :)

I've spoken to the owner and he is booked into later in September. Are we OK with a Saturday, or does a weekday work better?

A Saturday is better for me if it's later in Septemberor mid October.

Certainly interested if the date fits, weekend would be better.

Is it Mere Down Falconry?

I've spoken to the owner and he is booked into later in September. Are we OK with a Saturday, or does a weekday work better?
Saturday is good for me. Only away one weekend in September (12th) so should hopefully be able to make it!

Sorry chaps, I was expecting to see the owner one night this week but that didn't work out. I have booked a 2 hour "family" session for late September (weekday) as my Sister-inLaw is with us for her birthday. That was £75.

I was thinking that we would want 2-3 hours? That gives us plenty of time for in flight shots as well as some static portraits etc.

I dropped him a FB message yesterday evening (I was out visiting family all day yesterday). Allan will probably get back to me this morning. If not I'll give him a call.

I've asked him to let me know when he will be available at a weekend, preferably before the weather turns too cold/wet/dark during the day.

Allan has got back to me with the following

The first available weekend is 3rd or 4th October I am afraid as weekends gets pretty booked up. Cost would be £20 per person.

Let me know if this works for you, and I'll get it booked up.

Unfortunately that weekend will not work for me. Hope it goes well.

So, shall we aim for the 4th ?

The cost of £20 a head was based on 5 of us. If it's only 4, it will be £25.00

Sorry I'm busy that weekend Guys, Hope you all have a lovely day :)

Les

Had a think and I could be up for this too. A Saturday is okay so long as it's after the grockles go home. The A303 is a bit of a no go area at the moment. That's near Stourhead, isn't it?

Jan, sorry, I missed your comment.

Yes, just off the A303 at the Mere bypass.

This is the location.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 16.50.38.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 16.50.38.png
    145 KB · Views: 19
Can I take a count before finally booking this please?

We are looking at Sunday 4th October.

Sorry all, 4/5 Oct doesn't work for me so, in the words of Dragon's Den - i'm out. Hope you all have a great day.

Back