3 The F22 Raptor

IMG_5823 by Doug, on Flickr

4 Polish Airforce MIG 29A

IMG_6651 by Doug, on Flickr

5 Spanish Euro Fighter EF2000

IMG_7820 desktop2 by Doug, on Flickr

6 USMC Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey

IMG_8109 by Doug, on Flickr

I enjoyed the airshow and despite the rather cloudy grey weather I managed to come home looking like a Swan Vesta !

More to follow when have the time to go through the other 2000 odd pictures.

Doug

Good set. Having seen the RIAT photos I might go to the arrivals days next year. Problem with the official days you have to book well before and all too often the weather is not good although it wasn't too bad this time, i.e.. it didn't rain.

Nice set Doug, really wished i could have got, esp with all the pics I keep seeing, #4 looks great, a pitty the tip is clipped, like the euro fighter shot.
Agreed, shame that I clip the nose. Haven't had chance to see if I have any more as I'm currently helping my mum move house. I will try to see over the next few days if I have any more keepers

Thanks for commenting
Doug

Good set. Having seen the RIAT photos I might go to the arrivals days next year. Problem with the official days you have to book well before and all too often the weather is not good although it wasn't too bad this time, i.e.. it didn't rain.
Thanks John, well worth going, just make sure you pray to the weather god's, as this year it was grey all day.

I will try and post some more when i get the time

Thanks John, well worth going, just make sure you pray to the weather god's, as this year it was grey all day.

I will try and post some more when i get the time

I'm a diehard atheist Doug,..Lol. I live in Gloucester and had checked the weather forecast the night before arrivals and saw 'cloudy' and the one thing you need with jets is a good shutter speed and that means decent light. I actually saw what I thought were the F-35's fly over alongside what looked like a Herc but they were high, very noisy too. That was the Thursday. On departure day it was the same, I heard them going over, out west, and it was very frustrating to hear them and not be able to see them. There's a beacon on a local hill and they follow that line in and out.

I'm a diehard atheist Doug,..Lol. I live in Gloucester and had checked the weather forecast the night before arrivals and saw 'cloudy' and the one thing you need with jets is a good shutter speed and that means decent light. I actually saw what I thought were the F-35's fly over alongside what looked like a Herc but they were high, very noisy too. That was the Thursday. On departure day it was the same, I heard them going over, out west, and it was very frustrating to hear them and not be able to see them. There's a beacon on a local hill and they follow that line in and out.
At least it didn't rain. If you go next year check with me first, because if I don't go it's bound to be sunshine all weekend!

I only seem to get to airshows with rubbish weather.

Ok..Lol. I wasn't too bothered as I've been twice on show days and got a lot of photos but not the F35's of course,nor the Osprey which I'd love to see.. It should have taken us 45 minutes to get there,in the even it took 2 hours 30 mins. because of the traffic on the Cirencester by-pass A417, with cars pushing in from the outside lane and tempers fraying. My wife said she wouldn't go again. lol.

Ok..Lol. I wasn't too bothered as I've been twice on show days and got a lot of photos but not the F35's of course,nor the Osprey which I'd love to see.. It should have taken us 45 minutes to get there,in the even it took 2 hours 30 mins. because of the traffic on the Cirencester by-pass A417, with cars pushing in from the outside lane and tempers fraying. My wife said she wouldn't go again. lol.
My wife won't go at all! We had about an hour to queue on the red route. I wanted to both the F35 & the F22 as I've not seen the raptor before. I thought the solo Turk was one the best displays of the day.

Back