Edit My Images
Yes
My wife is now classed as a key worker
been told mid Feb for hers.

Name
Garry Edwards
Edit My Images
No
I'm 75 years old and an insulin-dependent diabetic, so classed as vulnerable.

I had a phone call yesterday from my doctor, who told me that I could have the first jab on Friday.. But, unfortunately, I had to tell her that I've been ill with some kind fo a bug for the last few days, and this changed the situation.
I'm now going to the surgery for a covid test and a flu jab on the 15th and, all being well, will get the covid-19 jab on the 22nd.

It seems to me that the supply chain is so fragile at the moment that it's become a postcode lottery, right now there seems to be a good supply in my part of West Yorkshire.

sirch

Official Forum Numpty 2015,FPOTY 2020
Name
Lu-Tze (or Chris)
Edit My Images
Yes
My mother had her first jab before Christmas and should have been having the second next week but that has now been put back until whenever.

OP
Mr Bump

Mr Bump

The names Meldrew, Victor Meldrew
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I have asked the question for my role as I am classed as a key worked but non medical, waiting for a response.

Nod

As good as a wink to a blind horse
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Mrs Nod's Mum had her first jab just under 3 weeks ago and we've just had confirmation that she'll be getting the second on Saturday.

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
I know of some that have had it, but not anyone personally. Chipping Norton have been vaccinating since before Christmas, but Bicester don't seem to have started yet. My mother is 88, diabetic and living at home, so should be in the first wave as most vulnerable. I'm just glad her mobility scooter is broken or she'd be out shopping.

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
A member of my family is having one on Saturday. The local doctors surgery rang with details but the appointment is at another practice not too far away. No word on any second injection but we may find out on the day.

Edit My Images
No
Just returned from taking my >80yo mum to get her second injection.
I'm glad she's sorted (full immunity in 5 days) and hope everyone else in need gets sorted as quickly as is possible.

Edit My Images
No
I am 70 and suffer from COPD, they will not have to ask me twice to go for the vaccine

Name
martin
Edit My Images
Yes
I am 70 and suffer from COPD, they will not have to ask me twice to go for the vaccine
Not as old as you but have asthma and COPD too, been advised end of Feb onwards, supply dependant, on a plus, all the staff and residents of my mothers care home have had their first jab a couple of weeks ago.

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
[Censored] Fruitcake
Edit My Images
No
I'm now going to the surgery for a covid test and a flu jab on the 15th and, all being well, will get the covid-19 jab on the 22nd.
Isn't it a very dangerous practice to stagger them so close???? Please double check with your GP.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
14 replies and only two with the correct answer :)

April for me I believe ..
So you're not including yourself as having the correct answer I assume?

Edit My Images
Yes
My mother had her first jab before Christmas and should have been having the second next week but that has now been put back until whenever.
Same for my mother Chris, 1st jab week before Christmas, 2nd jab should've been next week. The wife, who sorts any appointments on her behalf, got a phone call this morning saying it had been cancelled and they'd be intouch.

As someone who turns the tv channel over every time the news comes on, I find it all a bit odd tbh.

Last edited:
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Sister had 1st dose off the Pfizer vaccine on Tuesday evening. She works in the NHS in the radiotherapy dept. and a call went out for volunteers to use up the remaining doses of that days supply.

Edit My Images
No
Not me, but my mother who is in her 80’s has had both. My FIL who is 93 is still waiting.

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I guess what ever version you get as a first dose you will need the same for the second, looks like we may have about four different ones.

Name
martin
Edit My Images
Yes
I guess what ever version you get as a first dose you will need the same for the second, looks like we may have about four different ones.
Heard them say on telly you can’t mix and match vaccines.

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
I am stunned to hear a news report on the BBC this evening that some people who are being offered the Pfizer vaccine are declining it, saying they don't want the 'German' vaccine, they want the 'English' vaccine :eek:

If it were up to me I would tell them take the Pfizer one now or go to the end of the queue......

We will take whatever we are offered as long as it has been approved for use by the UK regulator.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I am stunned to hear a news report on the BBC this evening that some people who are being offered the Pfizer vaccine are declining it, saying they don't want the 'German' vaccine, they want the 'English' vaccine :eek:

If it were up to me I would tell them take the Pfizer one now or go to the end of the queue......

We will take whatever we are offered as long as it has been approved for use by the UK regulator.
But technically the 'German' one is better based on test data?

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Just returned from taking my >80yo mum to get her second injection.
I'm glad she's sorted (full immunity in 5 days) and hope everyone else in need gets sorted as quickly as is possible.
Ditto with my Mum -- over 80, dicky heart and diabetes. She had her 2nd jab on Wednesday; it's a big relief to know that she is as safe as anyone can be, now.

I hope all of you with elderly or vulnerable loved ones will be able to say the same soon. There seems to be a greater sense of urgency in the "powers that be" about speeding up the vaccine roll-out now.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Has there been an update on transmission. Last I heard they were not sure if the vaccine prevented you transmitting it or was just to stop you getting ill?

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Has there been an update on transmission. Last I heard they were not sure if the vaccine prevented you transmitting it or was just to stop you getting ill?
Simon,

No update on that as yet, AFAIK. However, if it protects a person from the virus, at least to an extent, then that person is likely to be less infectious than if they had not been vaccimated. So they are likely to have a much lower "viral load". This will be particularly important with the new, more infectious, versions of Covid which are now circulating.

OP
Mr Bump

Mr Bump

The names Meldrew, Victor Meldrew
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Well that went weird fast just at the vaccine centre in Batley now getting done. Because wife is a key worker I get done as well. Result. Just had the phizor one.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Well that went weird fast just at the vaccine centre in Batley now getting done. Because wife is a key worker I get done as well. Result. Just had the phizor one.
Have you started talking German yet or ordering Microsoft products?

Last edited:
Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
Just got back from taking someone. Not my words but some older people were muttering things like "shambles" "farce" and "right carry on."

There were no signs outside telling us where to go but once inside things were little better with the elderly scattered about. Half an hour after our appointment time they started asking people just turning up to return to their cars and wait as there were no seats available, which wasn't exactly ideal given the temperature. The person I took got their injection at 16:55 for a 16:00 appointment and we then had to wait 15 minutes to make sure there was no adverse reaction before leaving.

The whole thing could have been better organised with signs outside and meet and greets but there was none of that. I did hear one nurse telling another the delay was due to "Them upstairs are doing a stock take. Why they want to do a stock take in the middle of a clinic I just don't know."

Oh well, minor irritations in the scheme of things. We'll have it all to do when they call us back plus me and Mrs WW eventually.

badlywornroy

I am not macho
Name
Roy
Edit My Images
No
Spoke to my 84 year old Auntie today. Lives on her own, no car, never driven. Was contacted and asked to attend Birmingham for her vaccination. She lives in Leicestershire, round trip of 90 miles. Only way she could get there is taxi which she cannot afford so she had to decline. What's that song . . . 'Things, can only get better' ?

Last edited:
Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Spoke to my 84 year old Auntie today. Lives on her own, no car, never driven. Was contacted and asked to attend Birmingham for her vaccination. She lives in Leicestershire, round trip of 90 miles. Only way she could get there is taxi which she cannot afford so she had to decline. What's that song . . . 'Things, can only get better' ?
And if she had 4 hours plus in a taxi with someone possibly symptomless???

Nod

As good as a wink to a blind horse
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Mrs Nod's Mum had her 2nd jab this afternoon. 15:00 appointment, jabbed at pretty much exactly 15:00. Well marshalled from entry through the 15minutes (not sure why people need another 15 minutes after their 2nd jab - if they had no reaction to the first dose, how likely is a reaction to the 2nd?) and exit. Biggest shambles was in the car park (public) with the over 80 drivers...

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
Boris has promised nobody will need to travel more than 10 miles for their jab by 15th Feb according to the Guardian ......